Esteemed Contributor

I was supposed to get a delivery by UPS between 4-8 pm. Just now delivered at 10:00. I tracked this guy for hours and he was in my area several times before he drove away only to return again.  Took what looked like a 2 hour break because his tracking never moved. Then I open the package and the order is wrong. Not a QVC order but some wine I was expecting. So irritating.

Respected Contributor

But at least something arrived at your house on the day it was supposed to!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

UPS guys are delivering very late this years, it seems.  Sorry you got the wrong item, however.

Frequent Contributor

REALLY

Honored Contributor

UPS drivers are not slaves, they aren't machines.  They are working 12-14 hours a day at this time of he year.  So, yes.  He probably did take a break.  You got your package and you got it within a reasonable amount from the estimated time period.  Kudos to UPS!   It's unfortunate that the company mixed up the order but "stuff happens", especially at this time of the year. Hopefully, they can fix it for you.

Honored Contributor

You have nothing to complain about.

Sheesh.....

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

UPS drivers are not slaves, they aren't machines.  They are working 12-14 hours a day at this time of he year.  So, yes.  He probably did take a break.  You got your package and you got it within a reasonable amount from the estimated time period.  Kudos to UPS!   It's unfortunate that the company mixed up the order but "stuff happens", especially at this time of the year. Hopefully, they can fix it for you.

You are so right Chrysaltree: My son is a UPS driver and he says the system is beyond busy at Chrstmas time anyway but it is getting constantly worse.  They are understaffed and overworked ........ so many more people shipping packages every year.  The first thing that came to my mind when reading the OP comments was: "Please - the poor guy had to take a break to continue this long haul".  If anyone thinks this job is easy on a good day: they need to try it for 1/2 of that day.

Esteemed Contributor

My daddy was a UPS guy in the begininning of  the UPS company

He worked late into the night this time of year.

I show all the guys his picture in front of his UPS delivery CAR, yes car..lol...they used cars in those days

He always had a surprise for me in his shirt pocket and I loved wearing his UPS hat <3

Miss you daddy! <3

Super Contributor

Re: UPS shipping

[ Edited ]

Fedex is the worst. For two days my big package road around on the truck. Each day the tracking said no attempt made to deliver. It was back at Fedex by 1:18 p.m. in the afternoon. On the second day a Fedex truck did show up but the didn't have the package.  Finally my husband went to Fedex to pick it up.  Later they called and said they forgot to give him a second package, did we want to come back and get it? No, deliver it on Saturday. Didn't show up until Monday.

Trusted Contributor

@yamma024, I hate FedEx, I won't knowingly use vendors who use them as their delivery service. I found out Target.com uses them now, I won't order from Target.com any more, I'd rather do an in store pick-up, even though it's an inconvenience for me. 

The last 2 FedEx deliveries I've had (didn't know the vendor used FedEx) were handed off to USPS, who made the actual deliveries.