Honored Contributor

It is frustrating.  Maybe the USPS will soon get straightened out, with a professional postmaster.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624  Online USPS form?  Hmm.  Maybe I should try that.

Honored Contributor

I have one sitting in my PO for 9 days now.  I did receive a message it was delayed 5 days ago.  I have received others coming through this same PO in a timely manner. 

One has to wonder about that.  What happened to this package when others are being delivered.

I will wait another 5 days, then call Social Team for a replacement if one is still available.  

Respected Contributor

I had a package from the Q coming via USPS and it made it to a post office in my state about an hour away and then should have been sent to my local post office from there.  Instead when I checked the tracking this past Friday it was sent back out of state.   When I noticed what had happened I filled out a missing mail form on the USPS website and on Monday it was in my mailbox.   I have another package that has been sitting 5 days at the same hour away post office in my state.  I filled out another missing mail form today for that one.   Hope it works again!

Trusted Contributor

@janesilver  I would agree that the USPS is having A LOT of problems at this time.  I sent a priority mail birthday card (that I made myself) for my granddaughter. Paid $8.00 to have it sent Priority Mail.  Had tracking #. It never arrived.  Tracking said "delivery failed."  Nothing else.  Family lives in L.A.  Just went in to my P.O. in Phx to inquire about status.

They told me they don't know why it wasn't delivered and she could either pick it up at her local L.A. P.O. (hours on line to wait), OR fill out some complicated paperwork (that I can't even understand) to have "someone they know" pick it up if my daughter or SIL haven't the time to wait hours in line.

Ordinarily, I would have been out there for Thanksgiving to hand the card to my granddaughter; however, this year I refrained from flying (for ovbious reasons).  Too risky!!  

The Suprvsr who addressded the issue with me seemed borderline "annoyed" that I was seeking a resolution to the problem that would have involved the carrier re-delivering the mail to my daughter's house.  I just said:  "whatever" to myself and left.  NOT HAPPY!!

Honored Contributor

Seems odd.  But the good thing is both companies made it right for you.  I buy almost everything online now, I am so very happy online shopping exist.  Sometimes, it seems like it's too good to be true.  I'm shopping early this year, I plan to finish up tomorrow.  More people will be shopping online this year and I want to avoid any glitches.  All these years and I gave only had a handful of problems.  

Respected Contributor

I will NOT use USPS for any reason.  We keep receiving other peoples mail, nothing important just their bills etc.  I put them back in with a note hoping they will get where they belong.  Anything that is shipped using USPS we don't get for weeks.  No excuse.  Just awful.

Valued Contributor

It's not just packages, it's the mail in general.  I sent a check for a credit card payment on 9/25, due on 10/14. On 10/10 when it had not arrived  I sent another check because I assumed the first one was lost.  The second check arrived before the due date and the first check arrived on 10/16, two days AFTER the due date.....20 days to get there!  On 10/25 I sent a check for my cell phone bill which was due 11/12. They told me to wait until the 12th to see if it arrived but when it hadn't arrived I paid with a credit card.  My check finally arrive on 11/21....9 days after the due date even though I mailed it 18 days before it was due.  It took 27 days to get there!  Needless to say I'm not happy.  Fortunately, all checks ultimately arrived but I ended up making double payment for those months.  Wondering what will happen this time around.  :smileymad:

Honored Contributor

@Melzie.  You need to acquaint yourself with automated and online bill pay.  I haven't mailed a bill payment in years and have never had one arrive late.  I've also saved a mint on postage.  It's the only way to go.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion Kachina624 :smileyhappy:but I've already had one experience with identity theft and am very leery of paying my bills on line via my checking account/electronic transfer.  I don't have a problem with purchasing because my purchases are insured/covered by my credit card but banking on line makes me nervous.   Have a nice holiday season!