Respected Contributor

Re: UPDATE: SKILLED NURSING HOME & WAITING

Keeping you and your mom in my prayers. It's good to see you taking steps back into your life and keeping on. Know you are never alone.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

Keeping you and your mom in my prayers. It's good to see you taking steps back into your life and keeping on. Know you are never alone.

@reiki604  💕

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

The waiting and not knowing when ,and seeing the weight loss ,along with every thing else is just so very tough, i went through this with my husband ,are they giving her liquids through  her veins am surprised she was not moved before now though

@goldensrbest  She’s still able to drink a few sips every few hours, when she awakes, but only when it’s offered. I think the IV comes when pain meds need to be administered. That’s what I remember from Hospice 5 yrs. ago w/ my Dad. I’m thinking they don’t want to prolong the inevitable by feeding Mom or hydrating her. If they offer and she refuses, they let it go.

Hospice was administering pain meds orally for my mom.  No IV or hydration.  Hospice has a formula as to how much and how often pain meds are administered.

Respected Contributor

Your mom is lucky to have you...and vice versa

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Thank you for the update about your mother. Long ago my parents died in hospice care, so I know that enduring the worry and wait is so difficult.

Hospice is expert at palliative care and helping the family.  Lots of us are praying for you during this challenging transition.  As you were told do take care of yourself;  those in your family, including your mom, want you to since they rely on your grace and strength.

Will continue to pray for you.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It is good that you come here and talk about it.It is a good outlet for you.

You and your Dear Mom are in my prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your sweet mom and your family. I'm sorry for what is happening, but I'm so glad she has hospice. Take care, and know that many here are sending you loving thoughts.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the update @Shanus. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time...

Honored Contributor

@Shanus....I know this is so difficult, been thru it with my mom, many years ago.  She was able to stay home with hospice visits and family visiting.  I would drive 3 hours 1 way every other week to stay the weekend...thank goodness we were self employed and I could set my hours.

Yes, you need to take care of your self, so enjoy the papmering today while you can.

It's such a sad time...take care.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus,

Thinking of you and your Mom.

IMG_0939.JPG