Honored Contributor

Re: UPDATE: SKILLED NURSING HOME & WAITING

@Shanus  you and your mom are in my thoughts.  The nurse was spot on about taking care of yourself.   I'm glad you took a bit of time for yourself.   

(((((  Heart  ))))

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

The waiting and not knowing when ,and seeing the weight loss ,along with every thing else is just so very tough, i went through this with my husband ,are they giving her liquids through  her veins am surprised she was not moved before now though

@goldensrbest  She’s still able to drink a few sips every few hours, when she awakes, but only when it’s offered. I think the IV comes when pain meds need to be administered. That’s what I remember from Hospice 5 yrs. ago w/ my Dad. I’m thinking they don’t want to prolong the inevitable by feeding Mom or hydrating her. If they offer and she refuses, they let it go.

Hospice was administering pain meds orally for my mom.  No IV or hydration.  Hospice has a formula as to how much and how often pain meds are administered.

I know ,been through this with my husband.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Shanus   So very sorry you have to go through this.May you find comfort and peace from God.You are such a kind caring person,please also take care of yourself, as your mother would want you too. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Trusted Contributor

Hang in there girl, my thoughts are with you and your dear mom.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I thought about your response to me...guilty feelings.You should never feel guilty about living.We all are here for numbered days and should try to enjoy as many of them as we can.My 93 year old mom says remember that life is for the living and be sure you are making the most of your time.I hope that you found some much needed pressure release during your me time that will sustain you through.

Valued Contributor

I just want to wish you all the best as you struggle through this difficult time.  Losing your mom is one of the most heart wrenching things anyone can possibly go through.  You are facing this loss with courage and grace.  My sincere condolences and prayers are with you. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Thank you for the update.  It’s so hard. I lost my mom almost 19 years ago. You are an angel to her. Take care!   Many hugs at this difficult time.  I lost my mom suddenly but it was still difficult. I pray she is at peace.  You are a wonderful daughter to her.