Respected Contributor

Turkey, stuffing, friends, love...

This is my first Thanksgiving here and I wanted to take a moment and let you all know how much all of you mean to me! Most of your posts have been so very helpful that it's hard to imagine I managed so long without you! Even those that weren't so, well, loving are important to me as well! Anyone who takes time to answer ANY of my posts is truly important to me! I moved from state to state as a child due to my dad's jobs so I don't have any life-long friends. I only have one living blood relative other than my immediate family, which brings the grand total to 4! So, the love and caring I have found here has been overwhelming and greatly appreciated! I thank you all and wish you all a very peaceful, healthy, happy thanksgiving! God bless you all!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Turkey, stuffing, friends, love...

@Imadickens

Don't think I have met you, but I was just coming here to lament not having a big group to celebrate with this Thanksgiving.

I, too, have only a few left and they will not be here.

But, I will try to be thankful for all that I have.

Reading your sweet note helped.  Hope your holiday is all you want it to be.

Honored Contributor

Thats mighty neighborly of you.   Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Imadickens, Happy Thanksgiving to you!  I am glad your experience with the forums has been a good one, I have been around for many years, almost 10, and along the way I have met some nice and not so nice posters, but I wish you the best!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving @Imadickens and all of us and every day of the year!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@Imadickens  Thank you for compliments and holiday wishes.  The same right back at youSmiley Happy.  This Thanksgiving is my first here on the boards as well.  I've had some laughs that made me cry, I've had some posts that make me smile all day and I have some posts that make me sad.  All in all, it's been a good 5 month experience.

We have 1 child coming home for Thanksgiving and for that, I am very thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. God bless.

Esteemed Contributor

Such a sweet post, jewelwisher!I am sending love right back to you!

Honored Contributor

@Imadickens

Your my bud jewel.  I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I appreciate your humor, your straightforward communication and your point of view.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Imadickens Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the other posters.

We are one less this Thanksgiving. We lost Dad after Christmas last year.  It will be a full house at my sister's tomorrow but it will feel empty.  Just going through the motions......

Esteemed Contributor

I've been on these boards from the very beginning. The reason I still come here after all these years is that the vast majority of people who post here are supportive, caring, humorous, and very helpful. When you're going through tough times, they have kind words and advice. I've learned a lot from fellow posters. And no one is faster at imparting breaking news...faster than CNN!