Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday's Positive Pals and Grateful Gals

Hello my friends!  Busy day here at the apartment!!  Also  had Shirley here for lunch with Angie, all of us classmates - it was so nice to get together and all from the same town both have sisters in that town in different nursing homes.  I made some good chicken noodle veg. soup, I was told it was very good.   Now Angie is talking to her daughter on the phone, so I'm here for you all now!!  

The Friend Who Just Stands By

When troubles come your soul to try,
      You love the friend who just stands by.
      Perhaps there's nothing she can do,
      The thing is strictly up to you.

For there are troubles all your own,
      And paths the soul must tread alone.
      Times when love can't smooth the road,
      Nor friendship lift the heavy load.

But just to feel you have a friend,
      Who will stand by until the end.
      Whose sympathy through all endures,
      Whose warm handclasp is always yours.

It helps somehow to pull you through,
      Although there's nothing she can do.
      And so with fervent heart we cry,
      God Bless the friend who just stands by.

- Author Unknown

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tuesday's Positive Pals and Grateful Gals

Amen.

Trusted Contributor

Lucy praying for your daughter's friend and Steve.

Praying hard for Bella.

God bless all of you.

Harlene(lovestopaint

Esteemed Contributor

@gloriajean I love your posts. Thank you!

SAM_1236.JPG

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies - been busy.  DH on the computer all weekend.  Hope everyone is doing fine.

gloria - nice you could visit with classmates.  Thanks for the great story; I remember a really dark time, many years ago.  A good friend stood by me, and we stand by each other to this day.

sweetee2 - indeed.

Harlene - I'm praying for Bella, too.

Yorkieonmypillow - beautiful pic., thanks.

Ladies - have a beautiful Tuesday.  Hope it's full of the 'shining light'  from one side to the other.

Keep smiling, somebody loves you.

Respected Contributor

Hello gloriajean and "Everyone" here...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day gloriajean.  How special for you to make lunch for your classmates.  It sounds like a lovely time.

Beautiful poem...The Friend Who Just Stands By

I will tell you for me, "My Mother", is my true best friend. 

I miss Mom so much, we are 3,000 miles apart.  This weekend for me was a tough one .  Even though Mom can not be here in person.  My Mom, is with me every single day when we talk on the phone.  This weekend I cried  a lot and mom was right there with me lending me her ear.   She said, "Close your eyes and imagine my arms around you hugging you tight, I wish I could take all your illness and pain away".

Yes, this is a "Friend Who Just Stands By".  

To "Everyone" here, for all your prayers, support and positive energy.  It means so so very much.  Thank You! 

Blessings and Hugs!

Image result for picture of quotes of true friends

Trusted Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

Hello gloriajean and "Everyone" here...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day gloriajean.  How special for you to make lunch for your classmates.  It sounds like a lovely time.

Beautiful poem...The Friend Who Just Stands By

I will tell you for me, "My Mother", is my true best friend. 

I miss Mom so much, we are 3,000 miles apart.  This weekend for me was a tough one .  Even though Mom can not be here in person.  My Mom, is with me every single day when we talk on the phone.  This weekend I cried  a lot and mom was right there with me lending me her ear.   She said, "Close your eyes and imagine my arms around you hugging you tight, I wish I could take all your illness and pain away".

Yes, this is a "Friend Who Just Stands By".  

To "Everyone" here, for all your prayers, support and positive energy.  It means so so very much.  Thank You! 

Blessings and Hugs!

Image result for picture of quotes of true friends

I sure wish I could help take away some of your pain and sadness.  I am so happy your Mom is here to listen and provide support, take some comfort in that.  My family was a huge support for me during my dark, dreary situation.  I hope your situation will soon pass and the sun comes out.  Smiley Happy  God bless you sweet bella!!Heart

Super Contributor

Harlene, how are you feeling?  Hope everyone had a nice Monday. We are in a warm up here in MA and let me tell you, it feels wonderful!  I am holding on to this for as long as possible. I know we will be in for a long winter so this is such a gift. Really gets me thinking about moving south but just not possible yet.

Hope each of you have a lovely day and it is filled with joy, hope and many ordinary miracles.  Prayers for Harlene and Bellabutterfly!  Take care.

Peace,Nancy 

Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday everyone,

Image result for fall blessings images

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gloriajean  That lovely poem is by William Carlos Williams, who was a physician in NJ and also a highly respected American poet.  He lived from 1883 until 1963.