Esteemed Contributor

Re: Trying to schedule a colonoscopy

@qvcaddition wrote:

@beckyb1012 

@beckyb1012 wrote:

My GI Dr. told me to get on mychart to schedule mine so about a week later I put in the request thinking I was at least doing something to get the ball rolling on my first one.  Within 30 minutes they called me to set the date and inside I was screaming NOOOO this is way too soon.  Within moments of our hanging up with the date decided I had received all my instructions and the script for the prep.  It was way too fast for me.

I had to do a cologuard because of age.Results yesterday, positive .  I didn't wait for my Dr. who is not in this week.  I called the Gastronology Dept. and I'm scheduled for next Friday.  All my other ones through the years were OK, so I am trying not to worry.  Prayers would help . Thank you

@qvcaddition  I really do hope that the results are false. 

The time will fly by fast. Best wishes!!

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

My GI Dr. told me to get on mychart to schedule mine so about a week later I put in the request thinking I was at least doing something to get the ball rolling on my first one.  Within 30 minutes they called me to set the date and inside I was screaming NOOOO this is way too soon.  Within moments of our hanging up with the date decided I had received all my instructions and the script for the prep.  It was way too fast for me.

@beckyb1012  there's nothing to it. Most people don't like the prep but there are so many different ones now. Don't remember the name of the powder but I have always taken that one and just add a few packets of Crystal light lemonade to taste.

The procedure goes by fast. I remember talking to the anesthesiologist, the Dr, nurse and my sister. It seemed as if no time had passed and I was back in my room seeing the same set of people. I asked the Doctor if he had changed his mind about doing the procedure and they all started laughing. He then told me everything was fine, no polyps.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@lgfan wrote:
When I had my colonoscopy I had to go to see a gastroenterologist first. I made the appointment at bis office that same day. I have never heard of scheduling a colonoscopy by telephone.

I've never had to go to a gastro first.

Every 5 years, the office where I go for colonoscopies sends me paperwork and call me to set up the appointment once it's returned. 

I'm religious about colonoscopies. One of my brothers had his first at age 50 and they removed a big chunk of colon due to cancer. Another brother was found to have colon cancer at age 60 and had 18" of his colon removed. It runs rampant on both sides of my family.

@CalminHeart  I thought everyone saw the gastro first. I always do. We had a lovely talk and I was so happy to see him the next day for the procedure.

Mine is every 5 years also although there were no polys for the last two. I've had three so far and two more years to go.