Honored Contributor

Re: Trying to schedule a colonoscopy

My DH and i have had 2 each, our gastro doc has us make an appt first to see him in his office where we sit with him and he asks questions and we get to ask questions, then he has his sec schedule us before we leave, he also gives us our preps before we leave, he stocks them, pills for me, citrate magnesium and Ducolax for my DH. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree 

Just finished writing a post in the Wellness Forum on a Colonoscopy titled thread. Lots of info there.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

@chrystaltree  All colonoscopy's have to be set in a hospital setting which can be a actual hospital, or something like an out going clinic.  Where I live in Northern California, your primary physician sends a referral to a doctor that performs such surgeries.  Then that surgeon's office contacts the patient to set up the time, place, etc.  I guess I have it easy because they are calling me so I am not put on hold which can be very aggravating and your wasted time.  You may have already tried this...but try calling early AM as soon as their office opens. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
When I had my colonoscopy I had to go to see a gastroenterologist first. I made the appointment at bis office that same day. I have never heard of scheduling a colonoscopy by telephone.

@lgfan 

I had my #16 Colonoscopy a few months ago, along with an Endoscopy. Unless I am an in-patient at the hospital! I have to visit my Gastroenterologist in their office to set up either procedure.

No phone calls or texts(which I don't do anyway), and I have been seeing them since 2002. I see nothing unusual about an office visit prior to any Invasive Procedure.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ugh, I'm prepping as I type this. I went to my GP two weeks, got a referral for last Friday with Valley Endoscopy and I stopped having solid foods since noon yesterday, started my prepping yesterday at 7p through 10p and today began at 7a and I'm scheduled for tomorrow 8:45a. 

Honored Contributor

I guess they don't need the business, treating a customer so badly.  They're probably making money hand-over-fist.

Honored Contributor

When I'm due for a radiological procedurre, my doctor sends the hospital a referral and then they call me to set an appointment.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids What? I am gobsmacked! They are different? Then why did my oral surgeon make me take off my clothes & roll over? 

But really. I was commenting on offices that are too overworked or uninterested in patients to provide basic courteous service.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Why are there so many spaces after your posts, @chrystaltree? You have to scroll so far to get to the next post. 

@GenXmuse  I thought something was wrong with my computer. I scrolled and scrolled and went down stairs and came back and did some more scrolling. It finally worked.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Why are there so many spaces after your posts, @chrystaltree? You have to scroll so far to get to the next post. 

@GenXmuse  I thought something was wrong with my computer. I scrolled and scrolled and went down stairs and came back and did some more scrolling. It finally worked.

@Sage04   I thought you went downstairs to look for the rest of the thread!