Trusted Contributor

Try this if you like jigsaw puzzles and need something to do that doesn't involve the virus

[ Edited ]

If you're tired of reading/hearing/thinking about the virus, try this website.  (I hope QVC moderators don't shut this down because it really doesn't have anything to do with purchasing anything.)

thejigsawpuzzles.com

There is a daily puzzle accompanied by 8 other puzzles and a mystery puzzle.  You can select the number of pieces for the puzzle, 20 pieces to 500 pieces with options between those numbers,  and the cut of the pieces, which include classic, elegant, mosaic, square, and spiral.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Valued Contributor

Re: Try this if you like jigsaw puzzles and need something to do that doesn't involve the virus

I love their site!  Someone here recommended it a couple of years ago and I tried it and now look forward to it daily.  You can also make your own puzzles, so now I have thousands of pictures in addition to theirs.  Great site and thank you @wismiss for the recommendation!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Try this if you like jigsaw puzzles and need something to do that doesn't involve the virus

is this address correct, i get a no site found message.

should there be an (s) at the end of the word puzzle?

Trusted Contributor

Sorry.  I corrected the site address.  Yes, boxerdoglover, it is puzzles, not puzzle.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

If you're tired of reading/hearing/thinking about the virus, try this website.  (I hope QVC moderators don't shut this down because it really doesn't have anything to do with purchasing anything.)

thejigsawpuzzles.com

There is a daily puzzle accompanied by 8 other puzzles and a mystery puzzle.  You can select the number of pieces for the puzzle, 20 pieces to 500 pieces with options between those numbers,  and the cut of the pieces, which include classic, elegant, mosaic, square, and spiral.

I actually keep a thousand piece puzzle up all year round on a 6 foot long table in the basement. When I'm washing clothes or just wasting time, i'm doing my puzzle. Lots of times when I have company we sit and talk and work the puzzle. I also have a tv there. My basement isn't finished, but carpets that are slighty worn are down there, and it's the best way to kill a few hours and enjoy yourself. People say, I haven't done a puzzle for years. You can find them cheap at garage sales. If your bored buy a puzzle.! I got my fold up table at Lowes for $40.00 best thing I ever bought.

Esteemed Contributor

This is one of my favortie sites.  I like being able to choose the size of the puzzle, prefering something that doesn't take too long to finish.  So many to choose from.  

Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for this recommendation, @wismiss!   Sounds fabulous!

For those with iPads, I also would like to highly recommend "Jigsaw Box Puzzles" by Sparkle Apps.   

It's free, with many free puzzle packs, and it's extremely easy to create your own puzzles from any of your own images so you never have to buy anything.   It works all the way from very simple to complex -- from 8 to 252 pieces -- and they're working on even more challenging options for a coming release.   

It's the brainchild of a very small development/support team in Ireland, and they're a lovely group of people.   It's not a large company or big production, but it's well-designed and it's been one of my favorite apps for years.    They offer at least one additional free puzzle pack each month, sometimes bonus free packs for holidays, and now they're adding even more to be supportive and thoughtful right now while all of us are searching for at-home activities.   Take a look...  I think you'll enjoy it!

Also, the "Apps Gone Free" mobile app (I think it's only for iOS) by AppAdvice.com has increased the number of daily offerings.    They find apps that are free for a brief, limited time, and it's a great way to try those we might not have selected because of the cost.    Many of them are for children, so anyone searching for new games and activities right now with little ones at home might appreciate that.

Thanks for this thread, @wismiss!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Better-half introduced me to TheJigsawPuzzles.com recently and I'm hooked.  Yesterday we put a BIG one together and this morning he told me he'd finally used the mosaic option.  I'd warned him that this was a challenge.

Try it if you want something a little more difficult...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Just Bee:  I LOVE the mosaic choice and find the square the most challenging.  However, the spiral is also fun and has some really odd shapes.  The elegant is very nice to use for a change, too.

Trusted Contributor

dooBdoo:  Thanks for the apps.  We all need to help one another find things to occupy our time but still keep our minds active.