Honored Contributor

Re: True Confessions Time! Fun Facts About You

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

I think there's a name for this (I'll have to Google it) but I can write in cursive backwards just as fast as I can write normally, from left to right.  I don't even have to think about it.  I don't even remember how I realized I could do this but I do remember it started just writing my name backwards...and then I went on to writing complete sentences backwards!  

I try to convince myself that this somehow makes me talented in some way!

I can do the same thing and everyone thinks it's weird!!  I thought I was the only one.  I can write with both hands and can write with one hand normal and the other backwards or both backwards.  Maybe you can do the same if you try.  I tried to write with my left hand when a coworker broke her hand and couldn't write.  Oddly, it was really easy for me.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have at least 97% auditory recall.  If you say it to me I’ll be able to repeat it verbatim months later.

Been trying to find a good income producing use for it for years.  Nada.

*** Would love to see words and numbers in colors!  @house_cat

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I enjoy cooking, baking, and any housekeeping things!  I totally enjoy a neat, clean home..   I have always been organized and learned at a early age the importance of a clean home BUT the one thing I love is ironing! I even have a new Rowenta in my guest closet just in case the one I use daily stops working😯.  The friends I have think I'm a little OCD because I always make my bed, clean my bathroom everyday when I get out of shower,etc.

Yes, I've "tried" a cleaning service ...I cleaned before they came🙄.  Crazy!

Something else I enjoy is helping someone who needs it.  I like to be there if someone needs a ride, doctors appt., grocery shopping.  Two ladies I know no longer drive I call them Monday's or weekend to see if they need to go somewhere or need anything.  If I see a elderly person "struggling" to reach item in store -- I ask if they need help OR if I see a elderly person that needs help I ask them.   It was the way I was raised to help others.

And lastly, being retired I enjoy my alone days.  Spouse golfs 4-5 days a week.  Those days I enjoy my  country radio station and puttering, cooking or doing something at home.

My home is my "happy place" which of course, would be wondeful if my family & gd were closer

Respected Contributor

All my Children are grown.  I Want A Do~Over.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

@Mistic  When I read your post, I though you were refering to the soap opera, "All My Children".  

My fun fact is that I started watching that show in 1971 and watched it until it went off the air.  Would catch it during lunch in the breakroom and then had a DVR to watch after dinner.   Still miss that show~and I went to high school with one of the actresses on there, whose drama teacher told her in high school that she would never make it in acting...she later won an emmy.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

I think there's a name for this (I'll have to Google it) but I can write in cursive backwards just as fast as I can write normally, from left to right.  I don't even have to think about it.  I don't even remember how I realized I could do this but I do remember it started just writing my name backwards...and then I went on to writing complete sentences backwards!  

I try to convince myself that this somehow makes me talented in some way!

I can do this also!  I always thought everyone could and was surprised to learn that's not true.  

Honored Contributor

I am right handed but do some things that are innate left only.

I may have been taught to use my right hand - everything I do is a rightiy

I breathe on my left side when swimming 

I steer lefthanded easily on a bike - but NOT the right hand

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey  I am also right handed, but play the guitar like a lefty!

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette@I thought that was my post but I couldn’t remember doing it.We must be twins separated at birth.I didn’t think there was another like me on this earth.

@Krimpette wrote:

The last movie I saw in a theater was Titanic.  Guess I'm not much of a movie buff!!!!

@Krimpette wrote:

The last movie I saw in a theater was Titanic.  Guess I'm not much of a movie buff!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Although I haven't actually stopped to figure it out, I "think" I'm a step cousin to myself.....Later in life after the spouses of my grandparents had passed away, my Dad's mom married my Mom's dad.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown