Trusted Contributor

Re: Trip Down Memory Lane......

[ Edited ]

I used Prell, always thought it made my hair thicker. Boy, what we did w/ curlers, I knew a girl, she was a little older than me, she used huge orange juice cans in her hair on Saturday afternoons, so on Saturday nights, her hair would be HUGE! And, it was, LOL! I always liked Farrah Glad @Sweet_Serenity posted her picture, sadly she isn't with us anymore. I loved it when Farrah had her hair cut, loved the short/sassy style of her new short do. Have a great Monday, everyone!!!Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

See the source image

Seems like agessssssssssssssssss ago, LOL
See the source image
Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I remember my Mom using this shampoo, Earth Born.  I thought it smelled so good when I was little.

Capture.PNG

Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach those big hair dryers were the rage.  What surprised me was to see a hand held hair dryer in an episode of Leave It To Beaver from about 1960. I didn't know they existed back then, but when Beaver overflowed the tub, Wally tried to dry the ceiling with a hand held dryer.

Honored Contributor

@AuntGwrote:

@Suziepeach those big hair dryers were the rage.  What surprised me was to see a hand held hair dryer in an episode of Leave It To Beaver from about 1960. I didn't know they existed back then, but when Beaver overflowed the tub, Wally tried to dry the ceiling with a hand held dryer.

@AuntG, got that right about those big hair dryers LOL .. I'll have to keep an eye out for that episode of Beaver, maybe I didn't know hand held dryers existed either, we only had that bonnet kind,hahahaha.....  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeachwrote:

LOL how could I forget!!

See the source image 
See the source image

My Mom would not allow me to use those brush rollers. She would wind my hair with strips of cloth she cut from old socks - 5 brothers = lots of old socks - and they were much easier to sleep on. When I took them out the effect was the same. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity@Suziepeach@AuntG@Mj12@Leiloni

Oh, promises, promises! I wanted to look like Farrah...so in this attempt I tried:

Breck (still liked Prell better)

beer

oj cans

”Sun-in!” (My hair turned orange)

hair dryer/curling iron/dippity-doo 

😂

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 ha - yes my sister and I tried Sun-In too!

Capture.PNG

Respected Contributor

For all of us really old timers, there is this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 4.28.33 PM.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

See the source image

See the source image
Go VOLS