Honored Contributor

Re: Tracking Returns Sent USPS From UPS Store

@TTerri wrote:

USPS Smartlabel returns, once "picked up by agent" after taking it to the post office, are tracked though this site, http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

Thanks @TTerri.  I did go there and got a little bit more information but not much more than the regular USPS site.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I am glad you posted this.  Once I delivered a package to the UPS Store and receipt had a date on it and tracking said it was picked up 12 days later.  It took a month to get refunded from the time I sent it.  When I take to post office it is a different story.  The post office is in the opposite direction and out of my usual area  that I shop etc. but  do not like the way the UPS store does things.  I emailed them and they said that it leaves their store same day or early next morning but I don't find that to be true. 

Trusted Contributor

For those of you who are mentioning long lines at USPS.  Do you have a location with the automatic Postage machine nearby?  My local one has the machine I can weigh my package and purchase postage without waiting in a line.  I use that all of the time, it makes everything so much easier.  Also you can purchase the postage online yourself and schedule postage pickup.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimomof4 wrote:

For those of you who are mentioning long lines at USPS.  Do you have a location with the automatic Postage machine nearby?  My local one has the machine I can weigh my package and purchase postage without waiting in a line.  I use that all of the time, it makes everything so much easier.  Also you can purchase the postage online yourself and schedule postage pickup.  

Yes @mimomof4.  We do have that.  In my case I had a pre-paid label and would want a receipt if I took it to the post office.  The tracking # from the label is probably good enough, though, and if the package is small enough I can put it in the chute in the lobby.

Thanks for mentioning this.  I really hadn't thought about anything other than standing in line and handing it to someone.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I finally received an email confirmation from Nordstrom that they received my return.  It took nine days.  The tracking still only shows that it was picked up by agent.

-Henry David Thoreau