Honored Contributor

I realize this is a weakness for me.  I can't explain it.  Also, I love coffee mugs.   There's something about these items that brings me a pleasure for no reason whatsoever.  

Now, yarn can do it for me too.  Pleasure for no reason. Color maybe.

Do you have a weakness for something that brings you pleasure, for no real reason.   I guess it would be called, a quiet delight.  

Same feeling of comfort from a cup of hot chocolate.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I love pitchers, all sizes, colors and patterns. I'm just drawn to them, and I love to use them as vases.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

QualityGal, I love coffee mugs too!  

Also, I love makeup sets available during the holidays, specifically the eyeshadow ones. I no longer wear makeup that often but the sets do give me a quiet delight!

happy New Year!

RubyNoel
Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygalWe're "soul" sisters when it comes to totes.  In my case it's not the fashion totes made by handbag manufacturers, but rather the recycle totes designed in pretty and whimsical prints stores sell in lieu of regular plastic and paper bags.  I have a rather large collection of those, but I also have a strong fondness for the more sturdy print totes made by California Innovations.  My gift recipients are started to expect one of those tucked into their gift bag lately.  It's nice because I'm getting good feedback from those who never thought to buy one of the insulated bags, and they love it when they discover the bags keep carry home hot meals rather warm for a couple of hours; and (with the use of a cryo-pak, frozen and cold items arrive to their destination intact.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1,  I forgot those.  I have those too, displayed in my home.  Did I mention loving those before?  It all started with the Colonial pitcher in a bowl items.  It's never left me.  Must have to do with handles for me.

I just got, before Christmas, some beautiful mixes of eye shadows.  They'll last me till I die.  LOL  I have this sickness......................LOL

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal, I also like tote bags, Barnes and Noble had some really nice ones at Christmas. I got one for my sister for a gift. 

Respected Contributor
@ indoor kitty
I have s similar weakness - crystal vases and wine glasses. Too bad deer eating my rose bushes so I have little to fill the vases with. Wine glass fun started when I found Waterford glass at Goodwill for $3.
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@qualitygal, I also like tote bags, Barnes and Noble had some really nice ones at Christmas. I got one for my sister for a gift. 

@RetRN, when I worked I carried a tote from B&N every day. It was cats dressed as literary characters, I loved it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

tote bags

Trusted Contributor

My list:

- watching the ocean at the Nubble Lighthouse in York, ME.  The seagulls, ducks & all the visitors (some very careless walking on the boulders that get bombarded by high tides & waves - people watch out, they can be very slippery!)

- same area as above but while having lunch on the picnic table at the General Store at York Bch & watching the waves & seagulls.  Love walking Long Sands Bch & LOVE the little sandpipers, I get such a kick out of them.

- bring on the shoes .. more & more of them  Smiley Embarassed

- potato chips are a vice of mine, hate to admit it.  Need to definitely kick the habbit!

well, there ya go, simple pleasures  Smiley Very Happy  My happy places