Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the prayers!  It helped, and central OK is out of the real danger zone now--before 10 p.m.!  We still have storms, too much rain and hail but nothing really big to deal with I think for tonight!  

The Particularly Dangerous Situation has been taken off and it's just a regular tornado watch now, which is great!  Don't see much coming, had a few smaller tornadoes and one big one, but I don't think there were many injuries or a death--which is wonderful! But still, folks lost property and more flooding is to come. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

We have Dish so no TV signal with all the rain & wind.

Guess I need to look online while I can to see where the Tornado's are?

All I know is if it keeps raining like this until tomorrow like they said it will be flooding in places around here unless it already is.

Now it's hailing.

Its been raining all day here in Kansas,,will continue off and on for the next week!!!! Very scary!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Re: Tornados in oklahoma

[ Edited ]

We made it just fine through the night. ; just waiting for daylight to see about the rain. I would say we dodged a bullet yesterday and last night.

The sirens in my area didn’t go off but I could hear them in the distance probably coming from Broken Arrow.

Thanks for prayers and concerns from everyone.

Right after I made this post, the sirens started going again. Torrential rain and strong winds for a little while. 

All is ok for now.  My nerves are frazzled. Is it too early for a glass of wine? 🍷

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Nightowlz 

Are you able to get National Weather Service Alerts on your phone?

We rely on them as we are rarely near the TV.

Hope you are well, and Safe

@Drythe 

Yes. My phone kept going off with Flood alerts. At the moment I was more concerned with where the Tornado's were. The temp dropped so much with the front it was too cool here at 52° for Tornado weather. At least we had no flooding at our house. I will post a few pics of our area.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

All I know is if it keeps raining like this until tomorrow like they said it will be flooding in places around here unless it already is.

Now it's hailing.

@Nightowlz 

We have Cox cable and Friday it was down for 3-4 hours. No cable, no internet, no router.  But we never lost power. Sirens were going on and off several times.

We went to Best Buy and bought a am/fm radio with battery backup and hooked up the weather radar NOAA radio. 

We feel better now.

@OKPrincess 

Our Dish kept going on & off. I finally switched to an SD channel & it was working more than the HD channels. I was also watching David Payne online. We never lost power either but kept having power surges. 

Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Now it's hailing.

Its been raining all day here in Kansas,,will continue off and on for the next week!!!! Very scary!

@emmysmom 

We are suppose to get more rain Thurs & Fri & possibly this weekend too. We had just over 4" rain yesterday.

Stay Safe.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Now it's hailing.

@Nightowlz 

We have Cox cable and Friday it was down for 3-4 hours. No cable, no internet, no router.  But we never lost power. Sirens were going on and off several times.

We went to Best Buy and bought a am/fm radio with battery backup and hooked up the weather radar NOAA radio. 

We feel better now.

@OKPrincess 

Our Dish kept going on & off. I finally switched to an SD channel & it was working more than the HD channels. I was also watching David Payne online. We never lost power either but kept having power surges. 

@Nightowlz Isn't he the most hyper person?  He gets so busy showing us pictures that he forgets to talk about where all the storms are and where they are going!  I'd rather listen to Jed or Matt or Lacy because they talk more about where the storm is and where it is headed.  

I think he is a better storm tracker than on the air person during really bad weather. 

Honored Contributor

A few of our flooding pics from yesterday. The pics below are all screenshots I took from Videos.

The 1st pic is a creek which is filling with water. The house in the back ground with large fenced yard was the house my dad had built in 1973 when we moved here. We had a flood in Oct 73 a few months after we moved in. The creek below was full of water & overflowing. It came clear up to our sliding back door in 1973. We had to put towels, blankets you name it to keep it from coming in our house. We were lucky it quit raining when it did or our house would have flooded. Our garage was full of mud & good thing it was a step down into the garage from the house or that would have been in our house. Those houses are now in the Flood Zone.

Flood 4.PNG

Flood 1.PNG

Flood 2.PNG

Flood 3.PNG

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Now it's hailing.

@Nightowlz 

We feel better now.

@OKPrincess 

@Nightowlz Isn't he the most hyper person?  He gets so busy showing us pictures that he forgets to talk about where all the storms are and where they are going!  I'd rather listen to Jed or Matt or Lacy because they talk more about where the storm is and where it is headed.  

I think he is a better storm tracker than on the air person during really bad weather. 

@Sooner 

Yes he is very hyper. Some of them get really excited.

I rather watch Gary England. He started on News 9 the year we moved to Ok. He never seemed to really get excited. Guess he was doing the job for so many years.

I think it was channel 5 that kept talking about what may come to OKC. I thought it's not there yet you should be talking about the places that are already dealing with flooding & where the tornado's are?

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz   Great pics!  There is video of a water rescue on KFOR tv website.  An older woman was in rushing water hanging onto some trees, and three guys stopped and saved her!  The helicopter got most of it on video.  She is one lucky lady!