Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Are you able to get National Weather Service Alerts on your phone?

We rely on them as we are rarely near the TV.

Hope you are well, and Safe

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess Check in if you can

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@OKPrincess Check in if you can

@Greeneyedlady21  Thank you I will. So far, so good. 

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess they said more to come possibly for the metro area of okc.I am watching Tulsa too.I pray you get spared anything damaging and dangerous.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@OKPrincess they said more to come possibly for the metro area of okc.I am watching Tulsa too.I pray you get spared anything damaging and dangerous.

@dex  I have a feeling they may come during the night. 

At least we bought the battery operated radio and got out the NOAA weather alert radio. 

I guess your son will keep you posted too. 

Thanks for prayers 🙏🏻

Honored Contributor

Re: Tornados in oklahoma

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

We have Dish so no TV signal with all the rain & wind.

Guess I need to look online while I can to see where the Tornado's are?

All I know is if it keeps raining like this until tomorrow like they said it will be flooding in places around here unless it already is.

Now it's hailing.

@Nightowlz 

We have Cox cable and Friday it was down for 3-4 hours. No cable, no internet, no router.  But we never lost power. Sirens were going on and off several times.

We went to Best Buy and bought a am/fm radio with battery backup and hooked up the weather radar NOAA radio. 

We feel better now.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess @I am watching k4 news that gives live tracking.Keep your radio on if you can.I guess you will hear sirens too.What a night.Do you have any flooding?

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@OKPrincess @I am watching k4 news that gives live tracking.Keep your radio on if you can.I guess you will hear sirens too.What a night.Do you have any flooding?

@dex  No flooding yet. We mainly watch the weather channel and our local channel 6. Oh yes, sirens went off several times on Saturday. I’m close to two schools so I hear everything — even the trash trucks at 4 am. 🙂

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess  no flooding or tornados equal good news.Stay safe tonight and tomorrow seems to be a better day.

Esteemed Contributor

@OKPrincess  Glad you now have constant communication to what's happening around you. Do you have a tornado shelter? Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers during this season. (However, I'd rather live in our area than in any other part of the country! I love the middle of the USA. Statistically, tornados aren't as nasty as fires, flooding, or hurricanes as far as danger and recovery. I love the mid-USA.) Be safe.

Money screams; wealth whispers.