Honored Contributor

What a scary day...hope everyone has a safe place to wait it out.I am praying for you.

Esteemed Contributor

This weather is just crazy!  I hope everyone gets to somewhere safe. 🙏

Trusted Contributor

🙏 Prayers of protection going up for all in the range of these dangerous storms. 🙏

Frequent Contributor

@dex wrote:

What a scary day...hope everyone has a safe place to wait it out.I am praying for you.

Thank you and everyone for prayers and concerns.  We are staying viligent.

Honored Contributor

THANKS ALL for thoughts and prayers. There was one storm not long ago putting down THREE tornadoes basically at the same time.  I've never seen that before.

News9 KWTV in OKC may have video posted if you are interested.  I'm sure it will be up sometime today. 

So far, activity hasn't reached where I live yet, just some rain.  

Honored Contributor

I'm in Ok. We are under Flood, Tornado & Severe Thunderstorm Warnings right now.

DH came home earlier so we could go look at a couple of houses. Good day to do that right?

Guess I need to turn on our TV to hear what they are saying.

We don't have a tornado shelter.

Honored Contributor

I was just talking with my friend at lunch about these.

My late husband owned a company where they did all of the programing for the FAA (Federal Aviation Association).

He had to make lots of trips to Oklahoma (where FAA headquarters were).  So, there was some kind of big party being held there and I decided to go with my husband.

The main person my husband's company worked with (of course) lived in Oklahoma.  I'd never been there before.

I remember, in the course of a few days going to this guy's house to meet his family.  He had a beautiful house that was all on one level (spread out).

The main thing I'll never forget was there was some kind of room there that looked like a huge walk-in closet/bomb shelter.

It was where he and his family went during a tornado.  It was stocked with nonperishable food, etc.  

It was many years ago but I remember telling my husband, "Don't you dare ever talk to me about living in Oklahoma".  He laughed and said, "Don't you ever worry about that".

I know people live there (of course they do) but how can you ever get used to so many tornado's coming so frequently?

Honored Contributor

We have Dish so no TV signal with all the rain & wind.

Guess I need to look online while I can to see where the Tornado's are?

All I know is if it keeps raining like this until tomorrow like they said it will be flooding in places around here unless it already is.

Now it's hailing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tornados in oklahoma

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

THANKS ALL for thoughts and prayers. There was one storm not long ago putting down THREE tornadoes basically at the same time.  I've never seen that before.

News9 KWTV in OKC may have video posted if you are interested.  I'm sure it will be up sometime today. 

So far, activity hasn't reached where I live yet, just some rain.  

@Sooner 

Our Dish came back on so just watched the video of those 3 tornado's around Crescent this afternoon. David Payne just showed the video on TV. Tornado headed towards Perry so it's not coming up here.

David is talking about upwards of 10" rain with historic flooding when this is over.

Stay Safe.

Honored Contributor

So awful, stay safe everyone

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"