Honored Contributor

Is Oklahoma the most tornado prone state?  Seems like it is.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tornados in oklahoma

[ Edited ]

@dex,  You are so thoughtful to post this thread of support and concern.   Continued prayers, @Sooner@Nightowlz@OKPrincess@emmysmom@BirkiLady@tobe, and all of our Community members and their loved ones who have been or are in the path of storms or the worrisome and dangerous aftermath.   I've been so worried about you and your safety.   (((hugs)))❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Nightowlz   Great pics!  There is video of a water rescue on KFOR tv website.  An older woman was in rushing water hanging onto some trees, and three guys stopped and saved her!  The helicopter got most of it on video.  She is one lucky lady! 

@Sooner 

Thanks I will go look on KFOR to see if I can find it. She was lucky. Cannot believe all the people that will drive through high water not knowing how high it is?

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@dex,  You are so thoughtful to post this thread of support and concern.   Continued prayers, @Sooner@Nightowlz@OKPrincess@emmysmom@BirkiLady@tobe, and all of our Community members and their loved ones who have been or are in the path of storms or the worrisome and dangerous aftermath.   I've been so worried about you and your safety.   (((hugs)))❤️

@dooBdoo 

Thank you for the prayers. We are ok. Did not have any flooding around our housing addition. Many did plus they were doing rescues last night & asking everyone to stay off the roads.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

We have Dish so no TV signal with all the rain & wind.

Guess I need to look online while I can to see where the Tornado's are?

All I know is if it keeps raining like this until tomorrow like they said it will be flooding in places around here unless it already is.

Now it's hailing.

@Nightowlz 

We have Cox cable and Friday it was down for 3-4 hours. No cable, no internet, no router.  But we never lost power. Sirens were going on and off several times.

We went to Best Buy and bought a am/fm radio with battery backup and hooked up the weather radar NOAA radio. 

We feel better now.

@OKPrincess 

Our Dish kept going on & off. I finally switched to an SD channel & it was working more than the HD channels. I was also watching David Payne online. We never lost power either but kept having power surges. 

@Nightowlz Isn't he the most hyper person?  He gets so busy showing us pictures that he forgets to talk about where all the storms are and where they are going!  I'd rather listen to Jed or Matt or Lacy because they talk more about where the storm is and where it is headed.  

I think he is a better storm tracker than on the air person during really bad weather. 

@Sooner 

Yes he is very hyper. Some of them get really excited.

I rather watch Gary England. He started on News 9 the year we moved to Ok. He never seemed to really get excited. Guess he was doing the job for so many years.

I think it was channel 5 that kept talking about what may come to OKC. I thought it's not there yet you should be talking about the places that are already dealing with flooding & where the tornado's are?

@Nightowlz  Gary is the gold standard for on-air presentation.  I remember during the May 3d tornado event he was sitting down, looked up at the monitors, and after a few seconds said "Oh my God."  I thought wow, that is trouble for him to do that!  It was!

And do you like the SunTech AC Tuneup--DO IT! ads with the guy dancing?  I think these are so funny!  The first time I saw one was last winter late and night and I thought "What on earth is that?"  LOL!!!!  They play them a lot, but they are still funny to us!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

All I know is if it keeps raining like this until tomorrow like they said it will be flooding in places around here unless it already is.

Now it's hailing.

@Nightowlz 

We have Cox cable and Friday it was down for 3-4 hours. No cable, no internet, no router.  But we never lost power. Sirens were going on and off several times.

We went to Best Buy and bought a am/fm radio with battery backup and hooked up the weather radar NOAA radio. 

We feel better now.

@OKPrincess 

Our Dish kept going on & off. I finally switched to an SD channel & it was working more than the HD channels. I was also watching David Payne online. We never lost power either but kept having power surges. 

@Nightowlz Isn't he the most hyper person?  He gets so busy showing us pictures that he forgets to talk about where all the storms are and where they are going!  I'd rather listen to Jed or Matt or Lacy because they talk more about where the storm is and where it is headed.  

I think he is a better storm tracker than on the air person during really bad weather. 

@Sooner 

Yes he is very hyper. Some of them get really excited.

I rather watch Gary England. He started on News 9 the year we moved to Ok. He never seemed to really get excited. Guess he was doing the job for so many years.

I think it was channel 5 that kept talking about what may come to OKC. I thought it's not there yet you should be talking about the places that are already dealing with flooding & where the tornado's are?

@Nightowlz  Gary is the gold standard for on-air presentation.  I remember during the May 3d tornado event he was sitting down, looked up at the monitors, and after a few seconds said "Oh my God."  I thought wow, that is trouble for him to do that!  It was!

And do you like the SunTech AC Tuneup--DO IT! ads with the guy dancing?  I think these are so funny!  The first time I saw one was last winter late and night and I thought "What on earth is that?"  LOL!!!!  They play them a lot, but they are still funny to us!

@Sooner 

Ok does not need anymore May 3rd Tornado's that's for sure.

I have never seen one of those commercials. Just watched one on their FB page. It is funny. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Is Oklahoma the most tornado prone state?  Seems like it is.

@songbird Pretty much!  That's why a National Weather  Center and Service Severe Storms Laboratory is located in Norman, Oklahoma in a building along with the School of Meterology.  They are in a beautiful building, which oddly enough has had a few tornadoes pass right by it in the last few years!

A lot of forecasts, watches and warnings and the wonderful NSSL Convective Outlook pages come from there:

The School of Meteorology is located on the 5th floor of the National Weather Center on the campus of the University of Oklahoma. The 244,000-square-foot building opened its doors in September 2006. One of the largest facilities of its kind in the world, it houses 12 University of Oklahoma, state, and federal organizations with more than 650 employees, faculty, researchers and students. The center accommodates OU’s academic and research programs in meteorology and the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Norman-based weather research and operations programs.

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Thanks so much!!!!!! (((hugs))) Woman Happy

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@emmysmom wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Now it's hailing.

Its been raining all day here in Kansas,,will continue off and on for the next week!!!! Very scary!

@emmysmom 

We are suppose to get more rain Thurs & Fri & possibly this weekend too. We had just over 4" rain yesterday.

Stay Safe.

You as well!!!!!!! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo  You are so thoughtful! All is well in eastern Nebraska; rainy and cold. Seems weird to have had the AC on a few days ago; yesterday I turned the heat back on! Who says climate change isn't real? It's late May and many of us in winter clothing with the furnaces going. In the western part of the state (and CO) is SNOW! Beats the flooding or tornados in OK. Thanks for checking on all of us!

Money screams; wealth whispers.