Esteemed Contributor

Tornado Naperville Woodridge Darien IL

[ Edited ]

I was awake when the storm blasted through here last night about midnight. This morning I heard a tornado hit about 12 miles away Naperville/Woodridge.  

Thank G-d     zero deaths reported, 11 injured 1 critical

Property damage extensive. Lots of photos on twitter, WGN etc

I pray our forum friends are ok. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tornado Naperville Woodridge Darien IL

Thank you for posting this, I have friends in the area and will check on them

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in Florida now but used to live in Woodridge several years ago in an apartment complex on Woodridge Dr. by the intersection of Janes Ave. and 75th St. I think I would have been in the thick of it if I was still there.

Respected Contributor

Were there power outages?I always dread when this happenes.im in the quadcity area,and we had warnings but we only got a heavy down pour.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live one block south ot Naper and Bailey in Naperville (and minutes away from the Naperville damage west of Woodridge).  It is carnage here this morning.  Trees down everywhere.  If you know the fire department on Naper and Bailey - huge tree down on top of the building, with another huge tree snapped off near bottom of trunk.  Bailey closed between Naper and Washington with trees and power line down.  Tree down blocked my daughter from getting to work on Wehrli.  When those sirens went off, we never moved so fast.   This was too close, never this close.   When I went to work this morning, nothing north of 75th Street.  This came through in a line west to east just a little south ot 75th Street.  

Honored Contributor

I slept through the whole thing and I live next to Naperville (east).  OMG!  I need to look outside.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

My cousin and her family, her brother and their mother, all live in Naperville.  I texted my cousin and am waiting to hear back from her.  Thank goodness no deaths.  Hope their homes are okay.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I'm near the Morton Arboretum in Glen Ellyn and I was so scared. Fortunately it missed us but praying for those in the thick of it   Can you EVEN imagine tornado going right between the two houses?  I understand that person is hospitalized 93F47E69-3972-4C63-822B-A509A9C92EB2.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I live in the town between Woodridge and Darien.  So lucky to have no damage.  On my walk yesterday I saw pieces of roofs and insulation all over.  Also lots of tree bark.  It's a wake up call to respect the power of tornadoes.  A miracle no one was killed.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

My cousin posted photos of Naperville, where she lives. The destruction was horrible.