Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tonite I started my daily walking routine

[ Edited ]

What makes the biggest difference for me in my walks is incorporating a hill into every walk.  I try to find one as steep as possible.  When I walk on flat ground it doesn’t seem to do much for me, or keep me in as good as shape.

Honored Contributor

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

• @CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I try to get a fast paced 2 mile walk in at least once a day. 

A few years ago at my physical, my doctor noted my weight going up.  I told her I walked 10,000+ steps a day.  She said 'Well not fast enough!'

So when my Fitbit wouldn't take a charge any more, I decided against getting a new one.  I realized it's not the amount of steps that matter, it's the pace for sure.

I walk now, just to maintain my weight.

My husband told me the same thing when we started walking last year, we walk on a walking trail and twice around is equivalent to 3 miles.......The first time around we walk really brisk and quite fast paced, and the 2nd time around not so brisk, but I do see the difference....I think if you walk at a regular pace you are still doing great, and it is great for your body as well.... You just may not notice the pounds dropping off as quickly!    

• I have no idea where the reply I typed went, but it sure isn't here!! Peeo'd? That would be a yes.

hn

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal

I found this on Prevention and thought of you-