Honored Contributor

Re: Today we turned the heat on in the house

Come to think of it, I’ll take these temps over the hurricane we just had!!!!

Honored Contributor

OMG, I cannot imagine, summer will not go away here, we did finally manage to get in the upper 80's for a few days, but now it s back to the 90's here, I don't think it is ever going to get cool here!  My poor granddaughters went to the State Fair here and got sick because it was so hot! It is usually warm in Oct., but not 90 degrees!!!

Honored Contributor

S/E coastal GA here and it's still around 90 here.....sigh.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I feel very lucky, although I know others around here like the cold.  I'm just east of Cleveland, along Lake Erie, and the weather has been beautiful lately.  Normal highs are mid 60's, low of 50.  It's been mostly mid to upper 70's here with fairly low humidity.  The warmer temps are supposed to continue into next week.  Our summer was also hotter and more humid than normal, so this is perfect for me.  I'm a happy summer loving girl!

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had some heat on a few mornings last week and the weekend. Back to summer this week.  Not a fan of summer heat and humidity when it is October and Fall.

Respected Contributor

I try and hold off using a DuraFlame heater to take off the chill. Our colors are half out in N. WIS. About usual to peak mid Oct. It is 70 today but unfortunately Thunderstorms. I got my walk in just before it poured. I have been walking 4-5 miles a day. A lot easier now that I retired to get it in. I try and hold out as long as I can for fun to turn on the furnace. We have 6mos. of Winter ahead. I don't even need air conditioning in the summer. Nights usually cool off. Summer goes fast though.

Trusted Contributor

Ugh from smack dab in the middle of the USA where it's hot, humid and high dew points.  I want "football weather", please.

Esteemed Contributor

Another from middle America. The furnace was cleaned about 10 days ago and the serviceman apparently left it set at 67 degrees. It clicked on last Friday night and periodically during a cold, rainy few days. Finally, we have sun and 90 degrees! The humidity is gone and it's gorgeous. Forecast is for more cold rain tomorrow. BRRRR.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

86 in Atlanta today. Loving every minute of it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Our heat has been on for a few weeks now---I'm NE of Seattle. Took the window fan out of the bedroom today as it was 40* in there this a.m. Am dressed in layers now. We still can get warm this time of year but not nearly like the rest of the country.