Honored Contributor

Today we turned the heat on in the house

It got down in the 30's this morning for the first time... high today only in the 50's.  Coldest it has been.  Just a week ago it was close to 80 degrees!... I think fall has arrived. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Today we turned the heat on in the house

Not sure where you are.  Fall hasn't taken hold just yet in the metro-DC area.  Mid-80s today and upper 80's tomorrow, I believe.  Then a tad cooler after that.  At least for awhile.

Honored Contributor

We should be good for at least a week. Today is a heatwave. Normal high is about 64 and we will reach 76. Nights remain in high 40's.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure we won't be using ours until at least Nov.

It's suppose to be 90° today. Yuck. I'm sick of the heat & humidity we have had this year. It will be hot, humid & windy thru the weekend

Suppose to be in the 60 's & 70's next week since it's suppose to rain all week so more humidity.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Not sure where you are.  Fall hasn't taken hold just yet in the metro-DC area.  Mid-80s today and upper 80's tomorrow, I believe.  Then a tad cooler after that.  At least for awhile.

@Krimpette

i KNOW......and i cannot stand it!

a/c is running today.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Not for SC - still very warm - high 80's with higher temps coming in - I'm so over the heat this was a wicked summer.

Honored Contributor

I should have mentioned I live in the PNW in the Seattle puget sound area.  

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I should have mentioned I live in the PNW in the Seattle puget sound area.  

Sounds like wonderful temps to me. Still hot and humid here in NC. 

Respected Contributor

So jealous!  We are in the high 80s in Tulsa and the humidity is oppressive.  It is October!  I am so over this humidity...

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

We turned our heat on last week when we had a few cool days and some very cool nights.  This time of year is tough.  It can be 50 or it can be 80.  It was in the 40's last night, 55 now.  Of course, I have the heat on but we're do for some 80 degree days.