Esteemed Contributor

Today is my birthday; very depressed

I turned 55 today. Very depressing day. Does anybody care to share any uplifting thoughts?

Respected Contributor

Re: Today is my birthday; very depressed

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I turned 55 today. Very depressing day. Does anybody care to share any uplifting thoughts?

Happy Birthday, Goldengate.  Look on the bright side, at least you made it to another birthday.  I was 55 once!

Super Contributor

Happy Birthday to You.   We are all here for a purpose to learn from each other and support one another.   Let your light shine and be grateful for being you.   I am sorry that you are depressed.   I just wanted to let you know that I understand.   Take Care,  Tallgal.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Birthday!!!!

You should be estatic that you are alive and enjoying another birthday.

55 is young by today's standards, and many who have died would have loved to still be alive, celebrating a birthday at 55 .......or any age.

Give yourself a pat on the back for all your earthly accomplishments and eat plenty birhtday cake.

Also toast yourself with a lovely glass of wine......You are  alive, and a survivor, so please be happy!

Waving at ya Big SIsterSmiley Happy.

P.S. I am the last sole survivor of my very large immediate family and relatives here in the U.S., and let me tell you I would give anything if my Mom, SIster, Father, and Viet Cong POW Brother who was tortured daily for years until he finally died just when our guys took over that prison camp,  was also a POW survivor, but instead his last word screaming in pain right before they tortured him to death, was calling out our names and screaming how much he loved us, and that we had to stay strong.

I would give anything if everyone I loved so much and lost, were still alive and celebrating a Birthday, and happy to be alive, becuase they all loved living, and knew just how precious life reallly is.  

Also I lost my beloved husband of 45+ happy marital years in a car crash in 2011, and exactly 2 weeks later I lost my beloved Mother......talk about wanting to die....and depression....You have no idea!!!!......and be very grateful that you don't.

When day became night and each day rolled by in darkness with a constant tsunami of grief and hot tears flooding my swollen red eyes 24/7 ......I chose to fight.

I chose to live and try and stay strong, even while drowning in grief with a shattered soul and broken shattered heart, because I knew they all would never rest in peace if they watched me from above....... exhibit depression and thoughts of despair and suicide.......which I had felt and rightfully so.

Instead of ending it all I chose to fight to live.

I fought with all the strength and prayers I could whisper or cry out loud, begging God to hear my prayers and help me survive through that horrific depressing most painful horrible time in my life after losing everyone, and everything, I ever loved on this Earth.

I never received closure form anyone I lost and It was a long tough road, and my numerous grief journeys were filled with torment, vast depression, never ending tears, and abomidable pain day and night,  but in the end I am proud to state, I too was so very blessed because I survived....... and I am a survivor.....and even with having lost them all I never felt totally alone because in my heart and religious beliefs I know God was with me every step of the way through all my grief journeys.

Life is tough, life is rough, life has it's ups and downs,we win, we lose, we smile, we cry, we laugh we scream, we grieve, but that's life, and life also has it's immense rewards.

We  Earthlings only get 1 time on Earth, so remember all of this the next time your depression sets in, and if you need help fighting depression please see your Physician for meds, as they will help and so will speaking with a Medical Professional.

"There is light at the end of a road filled with loss, grief, and all forms of depression, so be happy you are celebrating another Birthday, and that you are a survivor."

Now help yourself because you have alot to be grateful for, and living is a precious present from God.

"The present day is a gift from God, and It should be treasured and protected".

"God bestows a present of "the present day" upon each and every one of us, because only God knows what tomorrow will bring"....so be grateful for the present day, and enjoy each of your today's and be grateful you are celebrating another Birthday no matter what the number is........because you earned that right, and because you are loved and you are a survivor.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" again and again,, and may God hold you in the warm comfort of his healing hands and heal your depression, fill your heart and soul with love, wisdom, strength, and the gift of insight for all the wonders you have already experienced, and the wonders which are yet to come...

"LIFE IS SUCH A PRECIOUS GIFT FROM GOD.... SO PLEASE  LIVE IT, ENJOY IT, LOVE IT, AND EVERYDAY THANK GOD FOR IT, BECAUSE IT IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME GIFT, AND SOMETHING TO TRULY BE GRATEFUL FOR".    

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I don't know what to say other than it's just a number!  You're the same fantastic human you were yesterday when you were 54!!  I honestly have never had an age meltdown or felt depressed because I'm a year older.

I really stopped to think about it all when I turned 60 but I sure wasn't depressed.... after some of the stuff I've been through in the last few years I'm delighted to be here... and thank God nightly.  My body really "feels" some of the stuff that comes with age but as I said, after almost passing away in 2010 I'm so grateful to be here to be able to enjoy my family and my life that everything else just fades away....

I hope you'll be able to see this side of things.... every day we have here on earth, no matter our age is a blessing. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@adoreqvc wrote:

Happy Birthday!!!!

You should be estatic that you are alive and enjoying another birthday.

55 is young by today's standards, and many who have died would have loved to still be alive, celebrating a birthday at 55 .......or any age.

Give yourself a pat on the back for all your earthly accomplishments and eat plenty birhtday cake.

Also toast yourself with a lovely glass of wine......You are  alive, and a survivor, so please be happy!

Waving at ya Big SIsterSmiley Happy.

Waving back to you, Adore.  Nice to hear from you.

Respected Contributor

I am 57 years old and I wake up everyday and thank God for my life and all that I have. I had a very good friend who was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer when she was 49 and she died at 50. I thought about her today because it will be 5 years in July that she died. She thought she had 5 years and that they would find a cure by now. How fast those 5 years went away. She would have given everything she had to live but unfortunately she died of that horrible disease. Celebrate life and Happy Birthday.

Super Contributor

Happy Birthday! I will turn 60 in April and I think 55 sounds young so hope that helps! Everyone has down days and sometimes they come on holidays or special days, but hopefully you will feel happier soon. 

Honored Contributor

55 is a wonderful age to become! How fortunate you are to be 55! You are blessed!