Honored Contributor

Re: Today is Mom’s Birthday

Happy birthday @wilma 's mom and @Krimpette 's sister.  Heart  You are both very lucky to be so loved.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

Thank you for sharing and for those lovely pictures of your beautiful mother!  I know how you feel --- I lost my lovely mother a couple years ago.  She sounded a great deal like your mother.  Very hardworking, kind, devoted, strong --- everything a mother should be and much, much more.  I think of my mother every day, every day - and miss her so terribly.  My heart goes out to you.  We were blessed that we had these amazing women  in our lives, as our mothers, as our friends, as our role models.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

What a loving tribute to you Mom, @wilma .  In the first photo, she reminds me of Lauren Bacall.  Happy birthday to her this Easter, and blessings on you!

@vsm 

Yes, we always thought she looked a bit like Lauren Bacall in that photo too. 

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

In the second picture, she very much resembles my late mother.  (Today is my sister's 81st birthday).

@Krimpette 

Happy Birthday to your sister! 🎂

Trusted Contributor

@wilmaLovely story and special memories.   I 'm also a tender heart and miss my mom and dad every day.

Trusted Contributor

So very pretty!

Respected Contributor

AS WE LOOK UPON HER PICTURES,

SWEET MEMORIES WE RECALL,

OF A FACE SO FULL OF SUNSHINE,

AND A SMILE FOR ONE AND ALL.

TAKE OUR MESSAGE,

TO OUR DEAR MOTHER UP ABOVE,

TELL HER HOW WE MISS HER,

AND GIVE HER ALL OUR LOVE.

Esteemed Contributor

What a sweet and loving remembrance of your wonderful mother. I lost my mother in 2010 and think of her so often, as all of us do. Our mothers who grew up in the Depression and then went through WW2 as young women were very special.

BTW, I looked at that first photo and immediately thought "Lauren Bacall"! Beautiful!