Valued Contributor

Today is Constitution Day (observed)

[ Edited ]

Technically, Constitution Day is on September 17, but it is being observed today.

CsgE1lzWgAEsBcc.jpg

http://www.constitutionday.com/index.html

Valued Contributor

Re: Today is Constitution Day (observed)

constitution

Honored Contributor

I bought one of those pocket size versions of the Constitution and the Declaration Of Independence from Amazon, it was $1.00 . I have been out of school for a very long time and it never hurts to refresh your memory, or learn something new. One dollar well spent.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

More people need to read it. Then we can cut down on the stupid whining posts about the 1st ammendment and not being able to say what they what on a private forum. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

It's really something that should be sent to everyone, maybe more of it would be followed.

Respected Contributor

Ugh! What's with all these holidays coming up with no warning! I'm not sure I've ever known about this one, but I'd have made some for of observation if I had known ahead of time! Well, I have no decorations out and I didn't bake anything special, but I will celebrate it from now until midnight in my heart!😉🇺🇸

Why celebrate today instead of tomorrow ? Today isn't Monday and I'm not aware of anyone getting the day off? Hey, I even got mail today! What's going on here?

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

I am sorry these holidays are more widely publicized ! I'm not sure what the appropriate way to celebrate it is, but like other posters, I think everyone should have a copy of The Constitution, and read it! Perhaps it should be given to each person when a Social Security number has been assigned, and reading it should be a requirement for graduating from high school! Some people would be amazed at things that aren't guaranteed to them by birth!

Anyway, God bless America, and bless those who penned the Constitution! Those men(😤) put a great deal of blood, sweat, and tears into forming a living document that was smart enough to have foreseen changes, yet included a way to change it without throwing it out and completely starting again from scratch!

God bless all who follow the Constitution, those who enforce it, and those who serve to defend it!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Signed on September 17, 1787.  (Trivia: Adams and Jefferson were abroad and did not sign it; Franklin, at 81, was the "oldest" signer.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~