Honored Contributor

Today My Late Husband Would have Turned 71.

He was an amazing man.  We could have used a man like him today.  They don't make many like him much anymore.

He was kind, loving and he really loved animals.  He was the kind of man who cried at Disney movies (a family joke) yet could be as hard as nails (fair, but hard) in business.

He was extremely successful.  He'd say, "It's not about making money, it's the fun in how you make the money".

He was extremely generous and a friend forever (if you were lucky enough to be HIS friend).  He'd drop everything to help you and follow up to make sure you were STILL doing OK.

So, here's to a happy birthday to Bill (I named my favorite cat after him so I can say his name over and over every single day).

I miss him dearly, but I do know that we will be together again as we were in the past.  I believe in reincarnation.  I think that's how we fell in love after the first day we met, were married within 3 months and lived happily together for 38 years when he died suddenly.

Honored Contributor

Re: Today My Late Husband Would have Turned 71.

@Annabellethecat66 . Though it's been a while I'm so sorry for your loss.  I know you miss him terribly and you mention him often.  He sounds like he was a wonderful man.

Honored Contributor

I am sorry you lost your husband but you have many precious memories of him. That’s so comforting to you too. Take care of yourself and Bill the cat. That’s sweet. And yes we will be together with our loved ones one day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, I will be thinking about you today.  How special that you had such a great relationship.  I love that you named your pet after him.  

I completely agree that that you will meet again.  I hope your memories warm you and bring him close on this special day.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

You have lovely memories of your husband. He sounds like a good man. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Your hubby sounds like a wonderful man.  I'm soooo sorry you had to lose him so soon, but as you say, you will see him again someday.  In the meantime, give your other "fuzzy" Bill a hug from me!  Cat Happy

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66....wonderful tribute to your husband.  He sounds like a great man...in all areas of his life.

Honored Contributor

God rest his soul and bring you comfort dear @Annabellethecat66. You were soul mates, I can tell..Buy yourself something nice from Bill

Honored Contributor

Aw @Annabellethecat66-

He sure does sound like a wonderful man and I'm glad that you both had 38 loving years together but how you must miss him.

I do believe that we will be together again with those we love so much,

including for you, both your Bills!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Thank you for your kind thoughts.  I don't dwell on dates and things like this, just sometimes I think it's good to remember.

As many of you know, it doesn't matter if the loss has been a few minutes or years, the memories and sadness seem like yesterday.

I always tell people, "Blink your eyes....that's how quickly life can change".  Live your life like it will and can change any minute, because it can and probably will.

Never go to bed angry or let angry words be the last thing you say.  I have seen that happen with people and now they have to live with it.  So sad.

When he died suddenly, there were no unsaid  words.  The love was there.  We both knew how lucky we were to have each other.  That's important.