Super Contributor

Re: To the Positive Pals and Grateful Gals

Gloriajean, when I saw the entire post was removed my heart just sank.  I understand your frustration and think taking a few days off is the best.  As someone mentioned, maybe we could just post what we are doing, the positive things in our lives, praying for those who ask, etc.  I would hate to not have this around but please know, if that is where this goes, I appreciate all you have done for all of us.  I know i myself have learned a great deal in this short time about being more positive and grateful.  All of you have helped me so thank you!

Gloriajean, thank you so much and whatever you decide I respect your decision.  Peace to all of you!

Nancy 

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's a shame that this is the second thread I've read today where the OP talks about taking a break from QVC's Community due to the negativity here.  

Super Contributor

Well for goodness sakes. You mean to say today's posts were removed?  I copy and paste from Facebook and also stuff from various sites. Most times it credits the author but sometimes not. 

Gloria, I've been with you for a bunch of years now. Please, reconsider. Don't let unhappy complainers steal your joy. 

Y'all have a good evening. God bless. 

Be still, and know.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We understand about copyrighted material.  That issue has been hashed to death.

The issue was the poem was not given credit to the author, not that it was copyrighted.

There is a big difference.

That poem is on several uncopyrighted sites and the poem itself was not copyrighted.

Plus- as I stated -the last line of that poem was used as a siggie and that poster DID NOT credit the author.

There is another siggie with a quote by Helen Keller and that also is not credited to Helen Keller.

So there it is - folks who never posted on the Daily or on this new Positive are now reading as though they are the mods.

If other chat type threads do not like negative posts about them, then why on earth do the same complainers do the same to Gloriajean?

@gloriajean  Hang in there.  Just leave out the stories and poems for now and eventually they will get bored trying to find something to pick at.  We all enjoy your daily routines with the twins especially so just keep on chatting with all of the lovely ladies here. 

This too shall pass and they will move on to something else.

@HeresLucy@wildcat fan@nj@Ruby Laine@lovestopaint and all posters who see the good in life-I enjoy everything I read from you all and believe me the upbeat and positive attitudes help me every single day.  Never chang

Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@gloriajean

why not create a group on the delphi forums? you can post there AND still post here.....and you can also share your email there also. either choose a group that is already going or create one using "positive pals and grateful gals" so those interested can find you?

you could also create a thread to share information and emails on the offshoot board, damyankee.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Ruby Laine wrote:

@gloriajean, the people here who matter admire you for your love of family and your perseverance with this thread. I look forward to it everyday, even though some posters come here only to see what issues they can find.  I hoped that those who do so would read your posts and come away with something to think about instead. I love how @3suwm5 stated it. 

I stay away from threads that look like they could get ugly, but some innocuous threads take a bad turn. Some people are so unhappy with their own lives that it makes them feel better to spread their unhappiness around. 

I don't blame you for feeling the way you do, but I would miss this thread so much!!  All who post here know I love to read it while having my coffee.  I also want to hear about the twins and Darla, Nancy's work at school and the museum, and all the rest who come here daily. 

So I hope after a few days off, you'll be back!!  I think you're amazing.  

I'm editing to add two things. You are in my prayers, @gloriajean.  And @meallen616, can you come up with one of your pictures?  I think we could use one. 

Dear gloriajean and "Everyone" who enjoy being here...

I have to say "Ruby Laine", you nailed it when you wrote...

"Some people are so very unhappy with their own lives that it makes them feel better to spread their unhappiness around". 

The person who hearted "Thursdays Thread"  that was taken down...Is  responsible for it being taken down. 

Some people are just so miserable they try to bring everyone around them down. 

This same person who took down your "Thursday Thread".  Also, tried to put me down in another post.  Telling me "An apostrophe was not needed" in something posted.  Yes, she actually posted this onto my Thread...

So, gloriajean, please do not let this person or people like her get their way. 

You are a "Strong Positive Person".  And we love and need you!

Blessings to All.

Hugs!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for such wonderful, kind words to lift me up!

I needed that - more than you'll ever know!

I'm not really quitting, just don't know what to uplift you with anymore, being it's so hard to choose now.  We can certainly all get together and share our lives, okay with you?  I love you all!!

And Sunshine - I already have my thread in it's entirely on the damyankee board.  But they won't let me post the link to go there.  It's been there for quite some time now, and is going great!!  I can be myself there.

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

Thank you all for such wonderful, kind words to lift me up!

I needed that - more than you'll ever know!

I'm not really quitting, just don't know what to uplift you with anymore, being it's so hard to choose now.  We can certainly all get together and share our lives, okay with you?  I love you all!!

And Sunshine - I already have my thread in it's entirely on the damyankee board.  But they won't let me post the link to go there.  It's been there for quite some time now, and is going great!!  I can be myself there.

you dont need the link......if they google that name it is the second and third site  that is listed. in the search.  they can then sign up there if they like.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@AuberriJean wrote:

I'm sorry you're discouraged @gloriajean. I looked and the Standards say 

"..... do not use third-party copyrighted or trademarked content in anything you post."

but even so in the past it seems to me it wasn't enforced or at least I haven't seen it (I could be wrong, I'm not here every day). I thought on another thread I saw that another big site had to crack down on copyright infringements in their forums due to lawsuits. I'm not clear on what we can copy and paste so as to not violate copyright laws but there's probably a way. Maybe another poster knows? 

Hope you can work it out Gloriajean. I know from reading here you are a loved and admired poster.❤️

@AuberriJean

There is something called "fair use doctrine" re copyright.   Google to find the details on fair use. 

Also - you must cite sources.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

That would be wonderful, Sunshine!!  Thank you so much!!!