Esteemed Contributor

To the Positive Pals and Grateful Gals

With all the restrictions I have now - how can I possibly go on?  I have no time to find Authors for the poems or short stories I have been sending for years which was fine then, but not no more.  I'm sorry.  I really have done my best.  If only they would allow me to post my email address just this once, so I can get you on my list I do every morning - which is what I used to send here.  They  won't even let me do that.  I'm just not going to post for a few days now, I still am undecided what to do. 

God bless you all!

Honored Contributor

Re: To the Positive Pals and Grateful Gals

@gloriajean Annabelle here.  I recently posted to you how much I enjoy reading your uplifting joyous posts!  You are wonderful.  I hope you reconsider.  I and everyone will truly miss your posts.

On the other hand, I do understand what you are talking about the requirements.  I don't understand fully about your posts (that's between you and QVC).  I understand they need parimeters otherwise people go crazy here.  I do think sometimes they have too heavy of a hand, but it is their forum and they are kind enough (plus let's be real it REALLY helps QVC) no one does something from the goodness of their heart......

EXCEPT YOU GloriaJean, I think you do.  Fondly, Annabelle

Trusted Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

With all the restrictions I have now - how can I possibly go on?  I have no time to find Authors for the poems or short stories I have been sending for years which was fine then, but not no more.  I'm sorry.  I really have done my best.  If only they would allow me to post my email address just this once, so I can get you on my list I do every morning - which is what I used to send here.  They  won't even let me do that.  I'm just not going to post for a few days now, I still am undecided what to do. 

God bless you all!

@gloriajean  I'm so sorry you are having to deal with a select few that can't be gracious readers.  These threads are totally voluntary, no one is forced to read any of them.  If you just continue with the poems and/or short stories for those of us that truly appreciate them, we would be ever so grateful.  They help us in SO MANY ways, I can't begin to tell you.

I can only suggest that you let, as my DH would say, things just roll off your back.  There are so many more people on these threads that do really appreciate your post each and every day.  The ones that don't and feel the NEED to make an unkind comment, should be ignored.

Try to concentrate on the positive posts you receive for your wonderful threads.  We are truly your friends and so appreciate hearing from you.  I know it sure makes us feel good when we hear from you and I think it makes you feel good to touch base with us.

Please, please, please, I ask of you to continue.  The unkind have only one goal, that is to continue to be unkind.  If you stop, they will claim 'a victory'.  That's how they measure success.

Gloria, we love you and hope to see you back here, with your beautiful light shining as always.  Thank you so much for all you do for us.

Trusted Contributor

@gloriajean  I just saw that the Q had removed your post.  That doesn't make much sense to me, but most of this network doesn't make much sense anymore.

Maybe you can go to posting pictures as so many folks do.  That may be much easier.  It wouldn't be for me, as I have no clue how to do it.Woman Happy  But you sure seem to know what you are doing on the computer.Heart

Or change a few sentences on your poems and/or short stories.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for your efforts, gloriajean.  I appreciate your attempts to provide a positive place especially in this community where things can be uncivil at times. 

It is apparent there will always be somebody lurking here.  Admittedly, I've been a lurker too, but I mainly just did it to find a positive place even for a few minutes.  I'll keep everyone in my prayers--even the naysayers and on the days I don't post.  You are my cyber friends and I appreciate all of you.

Super Contributor

I'm sorry you're discouraged @gloriajean. I looked and the Standards say 

"..... do not use third-party copyrighted or trademarked content in anything you post."

but even so in the past it seems to me it wasn't enforced or at least I haven't seen it (I could be wrong, I'm not here every day). I thought on another thread I saw that another big site had to crack down on copyright infringements in their forums due to lawsuits. I'm not clear on what we can copy and paste so as to not violate copyright laws but there's probably a way. Maybe another poster knows? 

Hope you can work it out Gloriajean. I know from reading here you are a loved and admired poster.❤️

Honored Contributor

Gloria why not just post about your day.? What you are doing , how the twins are, what you are cooking. You are always so positive, other people can chime in too

Trusted Contributor

dear qvc, thank you for taking away our freedom of speech because of a few.

Super Contributor

@lovestopaint wrote:

dear qvc, thank you for taking away our freedom of speech because of a few.

Freedom of speech doesn't apply to a privately  owned board that represents a corporation  though.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gloriajean, the people here who matter admire you for your love of family and your perseverance with this thread. I look forward to it everyday, even though some posters come here only to see what issues they can find.  I hoped that those who do so would read your posts and come away with something to think about instead. I love how @3suwm5 stated it. 

I stay away from threads that look like they could get ugly, but some innocuous threads take a bad turn. Some people are so unhappy with their own lives that it makes them feel better to spread their unhappiness around. 

I don't blame you for feeling the way you do, but I would miss this thread so much!!  All who post here know I love to read it while having my coffee.  I also want to hear about the twins and Darla, Nancy's work at school and the museum, and all the rest who come here daily. 

So I hope after a few days off, you'll be back!!  I think you're amazing.  

I'm editing to add two things. You are in my prayers, @gloriajean.  And @meallen616, can you come up with one of your pictures?  I think we could use one.