Valued Contributor

To break up the winter blahs, share somethings...

[ Edited ]

At this very moment what is making you happy, giving you hope for the future, making your life have meaning?no political, It can be big, small or just someone.I think we all need to see our blessngs in print sometimes...

... My happys , my sweet husband of 24 years, i love him more each day, my pets, we are warm and fed, business  is good, i have my brothers,my inlaws, i feel loved.. and most  importantly i am able to love others. not to forget my friends here, i enjoy you as well...Maryanne

Honored Contributor

Re: To break up the winter blahs, share somethings...

When I was grocery shopping yesterday, I noticed all kinds of  potted plants. They were all springtime flowers, like tulips, and daffodils.  They cheered me up immensely

Trusted Contributor

I can't wait to read your good ideas.  I REALLY have the winter blues today Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

NY Yankees are packing to head to Spring Training

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

When the weather permits and I can get outside for a walk, also the seed catalogs are coming out now and I'm looking to see what I want to plant. This winter really has not been too hard in my neck of the woods, so I'm not having such a bad case of the blahs so far this year. Still cant's wait for Spring though.

Esteemed Contributor

I find a lot of peace and solace outdoors because there’s such beauty in nature; however, winter can be kind of bleak. The other day I came across this red-bellied woodpecker carving out its nest in a tree.   It put a smile on my face and reminded me that spring isn’t far away.    

DSC07582 (640x480).jpg

DSC07627 (640x480).jpg

Trusted Contributor

I  have so much to be thankful for. Tonight their a storm coming in and it will be snowing. I love the snow. It makes everything white and beautiful.  Tomorrow we are taking the grandkids to the movies. They are 9 and 11. They are excited and we have lots of fun. Sunday the family is coming over for super bowl party. Lots of food and fun..... I guess the blahs are what you make of them and I don't.

Respected Contributor

I do not live where it gets real cold or snowy... but, I do always start looking for yard art to add to my deck, porch,, fences, back wall, and yard early in the season. I love hard art. Yep, maybe a bit too much...😉... but, it looks good and each year I usually change my mind and move stuff around anyhow while adding in another few pieces. Kinda like inside the house - if I do not have a spot for it, I do not get it, so it will never be overwhelming or junky looking. I keep it to pieces that catch your eye and you say to yourself "that is cool, I want one". 

Always on the lookout for that "I just gotta have it" piece!

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Last night I babysat for my 3-1/2 year old great nephew.  He's a little red haired, blue eyed guy.  We had so much fun!   Heart   

Honored Contributor

Jpg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~