Honored Contributor

I realize many of us who are older, including me, know how to use technology, and don’t need any help, but I still think this is funny. 

56D34300-874B-40C4-B892-5FB86A1378B2.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Just when your ego recovers, along come the grandkids, who seem even smarter.

Esteemed Contributor

Good one. Hope it brings them down a peg.

Honored Contributor

Oh, yes, but then there's "sweet revenge"!!!

https://youtu.be/oHNEzndgiFI

Honored Contributor

Re: To My Children...🤣

[ Edited ]

During our last "patio visit", my 11 yr. old granddaughter took my phone off the table and installed "Bitmoji". No worries...I had never heard of it either. It's a customized pic of me right down to complexion color, eyes, glasses frames, hair color, style and length...curly or straight...You can put in face shape, eye color, brow shape, etc. Anyway, when you text, instead of just a heart ❤️ or smiley face 🙂, I can sign off with my individual, one of a kind Bitmoji.

Issue? Interferes with my other emojis, getting back to my keyboard and had no idea how to delete it. DH (computer genius extraordinaire) called GD from his cell and followed her directions while holding my cell to take it off.

Oh yes. These kids are definitely geniuses with technology. Thank God they are since their education depends on it. My 8 year old has 6 steps/passwords on her laptop to get into each of her classes. I'd be illiterate!!!

Respected Contributor

Forgive me but that reminds me of something I say to my husband if he criticizes me concerning something he thinks is easy or whatever.

What I say is this.......do not complain to me I clean the bowl you shi* in so shut up.

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I realize many of us who are older, including me, know how to use technology, and don’t need any help, but I still think this is funny. 

56D34300-874B-40C4-B892-5FB86A1378B2.jpeg

I Love that!!!

Honored Contributor

@chiclets    I get it, but I call DH to clean up after himself. My job description does not include that...never did and never will.

@chiclets wrote:

Forgive me but that reminds me of something I say to my husband if he criticizes me concerning something he thinks is easy or whatever.

What I say is this.......do not complain to me I clean the bowl you shi* in so shut up.

Honored Contributor

My "kids" in their late 40's grew up oI homework and emailing on a computer. Most of us had to approach these gadgets with hands shaking.

I'm still not a "techie". I did learn what I needed to know on the computer when I started helping out in my husband's office and they went to computers from paper. I went dragging my feet not running. 

Then I received a received my own computer at home...a giant thing w/ monitor and separate keyboard and 100 programs I never needed or learned how to use. I graduated to an HP laptop that died a slow death years ago which led me to an IPAD. 

Lucky me (?), Hubby purchased a wonderful gift for me last month: a Microsoft Surface Laptop. Whoa, God help me!!! My IPAD is Apple....totally different. 

Life with technology isn't easy for some of us old f*rts. I'm doing the best I can. BTW, still on my IPAD...haven't gotten the hang of new computer yet...totally different screen, icons, a 🐭, too!