Respected Contributor

Have you ever requested for an item to be cancelled only to be informed it ships from the vendor?  We will let you know the status of your request within 2 days, DUH.  I now remember why I quit shopping at the Q.  My cousin wanted this but does not have the means to acquire an account,  so contacted me to order for her.  She now no longer needs the item and I will be stuck with garbage I do not want.  When will I ever learn???   The cancellation was requested about 6 hours after the fact.

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

Have you ever requested for an item to be cancelled only to be informed it ships from the vendor?  We will let you know the status of your request within 2 days, DUH.  I now remember why I quit shopping at the Q.  My cousin wanted this but does not have the means to acquire an account,  so contacted me to order for her.  She now no longer needs the item and I will be stuck with garbage I do not want.  When will I ever learn???   The cancellation was requested about 6 hours after the fact.

I think you just learned.  Don't order for friends/relatives that are in a position to be unable to set up their own account.

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols   I would be upset with the cousin and not QVC!   Your cousin asked you to order it for her and you did.  If she no longer wants it that is her problem and she should still pay for it.  If she refuses then lesson learned for you!

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

What does "the means to acquire an account" mean?  Has she been banned from purchasing for non-payment?  

Why can't you return the item when you receive it?  

This really isn't QVC's problem. 

Honored Contributor

Every time I have cancelled an order shipping from the vendor it has cancelled with no problem.  It does sometimes take a day or so to get the notification that it did cancel.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Every time I have cancelled an order shipping from the vendor it has cancelled with no problem.  It does sometimes take a day or so to get the notification that it did cancel.

Ditto what @geezerette wrote.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I have tried to cancel an order in the past and even though I was told it was cancelled, it shipped anyway.   So I always keep in mind when I order that I cannot necessarily cancel an order. 

Honored Contributor

QVC does not now, nor have they ever had a company policy allowing you to cancel an order.

It seems in the 'old' days we could, but there was never a written policy of such.

At least they are attempting to cancel with the vendor...sometimes it is just plain NO.

This is on YOU and your cousin. 

If it ships, easy peasy.  Slap the return label on it and go online ...schedule a FREE USPS pickup at your home.

You will lose the original shipping fee AND the return label fee....BOTH (IMHO) your cousin owes YOU!

Regular Contributor

Yes I was told ikt would take aprx 2 days to see if the vendor would cancel the item.  I got a note that the vendor cancelled the item after 2 days.

Regular Contributor