Trusted Contributor

To Brighten Your Day

[ Edited ]

I'm not an expert at this, so please overlook the mistakes, but here's something to brighten your day.  I have it sitting on my desk by my computer and it certainly makes me feel more hopeful.  We've had a dreary rainy day and I needed something to perk me up.  Hope this helps if you're feeling a little cabin fever if you are in an area that is stay at home.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss 

Try reposting your photo.

All I see is an icon indicating some sort of picture is attached to your post. But not your actual photo.

Trusted Contributor

I hope this works.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Re: To Brighten Your Day

[ Edited ]

@wismiss wrote:

I hope this works.

@wismiss,  What we see is a broken image link icon or an empty box.   The HTML of your posts shows the image comes from a private Yahoo email account -- since we don't have access or permissions to see that account we can't see images linking to it.   If you save the pic to your device and then upload it, that should solve the problem.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

I'll try that.

Trusted Contributor

I can't get it to work.  Sorry.

Trusted Contributor

I'm trying to get a photo from my android to load and can't get it to copy and paste.  It was a spring picture, so I'll get an image from google.

Honored Contributor

Re: To Brighten Your Day

[ Edited ]

@wismiss wrote:

I'm sorry, @wismiss.   Since the image is in a private email account, copy and paste won't work because the access is protected.   You need to actually save the pic to the area of your Android phone where images are stored, and then upload it here.

I use Apple devices, but I know there are many posters who can offer you the steps to save an image from email to an Android phone.

After you do that, then here's a copy of the next steps from instructions I posted a while back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To post an image you've saved to your device, use the Rich Text toolbar and choose the "Insert/edit image" icon:

1F84A27B-24FD-4A19-8064-1330A662ED18.jpeg

That will generate a pop-up window.   

The "Add Image" option in the window allows you to click/tap the words "Choose File."  

1E6DCDDD-1911-4977-9DE3-D4FF91BA2451.jpeg

This will produce another pop-up window with a selection of sources.   This image shows the sources I might see for my iPad or iPhone -- the selection might vary depending upon your device type:

6A51BA3C-A3D8-4E8E-8B34-AAC763A11C61.jpeg

Choose the location where your pic was saved.

Then select the image you want to share.

Fill out the information fields (or accept the defaults) and click/tap "INSERT IMAGE."

The image will appear in the reply box and will be added to the thread and also to your profile image albums after you click/tap "POST."  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just play around with it, and get a feel for the way it works.   You always can delete the image or post if it's not what you wanted.   I hope this helps.  Be sure to ask questions if this isn't clear...   I'll try to help or someone else here will be able to.  

Happy posting!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor
I have been trying to post pics but NO luck. I keep trying using the recommendations in this thread. Still NO luck. I am using a iPad. 😢
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
I have been trying to post pics but NO luck. I keep trying using the recommendations in this thread. Still NO luck. I am using a iPad. 😢

@Naturesbeauty, I'm sorry you're having problems.  I post just about as many pix with my iPad 6 as with my Mac, and it works well.    If you'll tell me specifically what happens...  how far you get in the steps, for example, and describe what you see when the problems occur...  maybe I can help.   I have to log out for a bit, but I'll be back.