Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 called it a “show” on her post right after her rude response to you if you want to see hypocrisy up close and personal. And certainly didn’t like being called out on it. 

@GenXmuse 

Okay, I can see I need to back up and explain this more clearly, since you obviously didn't get it.   

Yes. they are commonly referred to as "shows", but the content is selling merchandise ....  also known as what's often referred  to as an infomercial.  The purpose is to SELL PRODUCT.   Most people know they aren't the same as network programming.   Now .....  was that clear enough for you to understand?

The post I made in jewelry was referencing what  startling information the callers were telling the hosts.   

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough for you to get the distinction I was making.   I apologize.

I’m sorry you didn’t like what you saw in the mirror I held up. 

Honored Contributor

@Neec 

I DVR every single show I watch, very few are QVC.  To answer more specifically your question? Personally, I could not care less what QVC chooses for their programming, period!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Re: Tired of the same shows

[ Edited ]

@Neec: I see that you are new to these boards, welcome!  Smiley Happy  You are not alone in your opinion. There are many, many threads on these boards every day with comments and complaints about repetitive shows. 

Respected Contributor

I think whatever is making money for them will be on the most.

It does get repetitious  so I watch much less.

I have used qvc for entertainment but entertainment doesn’t pay the bills so I don’t blame them for airing what makes money.

Respected Contributor

@Neec wrote:

I have been a loyal Qvc shopper for years. However I have recently gotten tired of the same shows, ie:  Logo, Shoe Shopping and Susan Graver. Anyone else feel the same way?

@Neec 

Same shows and same hosts--David and Jane!

Honored Contributor

Re: Tired of the same shows

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse 

Uh, no, sweetie .....    I'm sorry you misunderstood the explanation and points being made.   I tried to make it as simple as possible, but you obviously missed the point.   Have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

@Effie54  Happens to me constantly! Some never have anyone jump on them for what they say.

I’ve noticed that....but I dare say there are too many ankle pants, and 15 replies are slamming that I am free to shop elsewhere. (Like ....no kidding!). 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@GenXmuse 

Uh, no, sweetie .....    I'm sorry you misunderstood the explanation and points being made.   I tried to make it as simple as possible, but you obviously missed the point.   Have a good evening.

Do you know the difference between verbose and actually being right? Your response is basically supporting the other OP’s post. 

Honored Contributor

@Bonanzajellybeans

The explanation went over your head.   I don't have the time or interest to try to dumb it down for you.   Don't feel bad, it happens.

Trusted Contributor

@ID2:

My goodness ladies! It's summertime, turn off that tv and get outside! It won't be long before its winter and you are stuck inside! 

We can't all spend 24/7 outside - even in summer!