Respected Contributor
Coughing, blowing nose, etc has been part of daily life since end of September and it’s getting old. Mucinex, cough syrup has replaced my wine and I am not a happy camper. Is it just me or is it just out there?
(I apologize up front to readers who are suffering with real issues.... I am not oblivious or unfeeling.).
Trusted Contributor

Re: Tired of Coughing and. .

Nope, @Twins Mom @it's a real thing. Everyone around me is dealing with this too ( including myself). This has been my reality for the last two years, and it didn't end until spring. I'm around kids though and they've already started the germ bus from school. I feel for ya. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom 

Nothing going on around my world, not even from my wife's 3 day hospital stay. I certainly understand the coughing issues from having Aspiration Pneumonia. Hang it there!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Could you have developed an allergy? I live around a lot of vegetation and since I'm older I've developed allergies to dust and pollen, I cough and have a runny nose all the time. As soon as we put the heat on in the house I run a humidifier and that helps tremendously.

Honored Contributor

Call your doctor and set up an appointment.

Esteemed Contributor

Without more information regarding your environment, could it just be allergies-seasonal or something in your surroundings? If so, a trip to an allergist might be a good place to start.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Could you have developed an allergy? I live around a lot of vegetation and since I'm older I've developed allergies to dust and pollen, I cough and have a runny nose all the time. As soon as we put the heat on in the house I run a humidifier and that helps tremendously.

My apologies for not seeing your post before writing my previous one. GMTA.😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Good point about allergy possibilities. Few years ago doctor suggested taking Claritin early fall and on to ward off. I have done that but this seems different. Drainage causes cough.
Esteemed Contributor

My DH had the same thing.  He went to the doctor and he had developed allergies.  So far, I have been spared, but a lot of people in my family have them.  Doctor told him to try different allergy medicines until he found one that worked.  Hope you feel better soon, whatever it is.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Perhaps it's allergies.  We can develop allergies at any time.  Mine started about 7 or 8 years ago and Fall is when they are at their worse.  After the first hard frost, I'll be fine.  I take Benadryl it works as well as anything else and it's cheaper than all the other stuff.