Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I went to Zumba and then a weight lifting class today. Being able to get through all that made me realize that age is just a number. I'm still a dancing fool. My Zumba instructor told me that I'm very graceful. That made my day. I'm OK with 70.

@Vivian

Sounds like you had an enjoyable, and more importantly, a different look at chronological age. Regardless of ones past years, it is both a waste of ones time and energy, not to look forward to more happy and healthy birthdays with Optimism.  Looks to me like your Physiological age is much lower than the number, chronologically, that concerned(paste tense)you. 

Forgot which day you turned or will turn the first digit in your age, so. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, just in case.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian, glad you had a great day!  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: Three score and ten

[ Edited ]

@Vivian, you're about a birthday ahead of me. I know what goes on my head at this point in my life. I try not to dwell on those thoughts however. I try not to worry over things coming down the pike that I may have no control over. It's just a scary sort of time. It's not the dying to me that's scary, it's the living. But kay-sa-rah, sa rah. Whatever will be will be. You aren't alone.

70 is just another number. Glad we don't live to 140. How about blowing out that many candles?  Will the firemen be called to be on standby for the candles on your cake? LOL Look at the #7 as a good luck offering. Actually, you need to take a bow. Well done you.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian

Happy Birthday!

Focus on being the best 70 year old you could ever want to be!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

Tomorrow I will be 70 years old. The biblical expression three score and ten keeps coming to mind. No birthday ever bothered me...not 40, not 50, not 60 or 65. For some reason 70 is hitting me hard. It seems old. I feel OK. I go to dance class four times a week and strength building classes too. It's just this number in my head. It's foolish of me but still bugs me.

@Vivian

I think some of this is the picture in our minds of older relatives and how they looked at the time.   I remember my grandmother turning 55 and she looked OLD to me.  Whoa!   Of course, women just didn't keep themselves up like we do now.    

And keep in mind ..... 70 is the new 50!