Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian, I think it is great that you are entering a new decade.  I also think it is wonderful that you are so active.

I am 61.  My parents both died at the age of 65 and that made me aware of the ticking clock.  I had a very high stress job and I deliberately retired at the age of 50 with my parents' clock in my head.  I am so glad I did.  

I count my life in months left.  It gives me perspective.  For some reason I am sure I will live longer than my parents but who knows?  I have buried three of my ten siblings (ALS, early onset Alzheimers and lung cancer) already.  As the eigth and youngest girl, I am pretty sure I will be tending to more family when the time comes.

I am grateful for each day and I surround myself with people who bring me joy.  

I have a very good friend who is very active at the age of 71.  She is my role model.  I hope I am as active as she is and you are.

Keep on dancing and have a wonderful birthday.  LM

Occasional Contributor

Happy Birthday, Vivian.  It's my birthday also. Will be 70 plus.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday to you!  You have many happy years ahead of you.

Trusted Contributor

@Vivian I wish you a very happy Birthday dear lady! You sound awesome, energetic and vibrant!!! Heck I am 57 and if I could get out of this wheelchair I would dance with you and shake this booty I would!!! So there age is just a number and you have a great time. Well who says I cant do the wheelchair watoosee! LOL Happy birthday and many more!

Respected Contributor

Re: Three score and ten

[ Edited ]

It's odd how some birthdays hit us. The only one that got to me was my 26th! Suddenly, I was on the "wrong" side of 25 and close to the "dreaded" 30. I can't explain why that bothered me. When I turned 65 a year ago, it didn't faze me because I don't think of myself as that old, but I don't mind it, fight it, or lie about my age. I am happy on every birthday, but I totally understand that one birthday can affect you more than another. 70 is not old, especially for someone like you who goes to dance class. I feel good if I get on my Exercycle for 20-39 minutes. In the summer, I swim every day.

Honored Contributor

When my DH turned 70 it seemed to hit him hard as well. 

A good frend who was the same age as my Mother once told me to really enjoy my 60's as they were the best time of her life - not having to work but still young enough to enjoy doing things. I think that statement could apply to your 70's now a days.People are living full lives for much longer. So have a great birthday tomorrow.

Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday and may you be blessed with many more plus good health. Remember it's just a number, live the age you want to be (((HUGS)))

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian

Happy birthday, Vivian.  It's a pleasure to read your posts.  Yes, 70 is going to bug me, too!  Hope you had a great day!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

I went to Zumba and then a weight lifting class today. Being able to get through all that made me realize that age is just a number. I'm still a dancing fool. My Zumba instructor told me that I'm very graceful. That made my day. I'm OK with 70.