Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thought I'd Heard Everything, but nooooo.........

@makena  I know it is. No one can figure out why his parents would run him off and want her to stay.

And ditto for her (possibly) staying.

That's why I posted it here. I thought someone might have an idea what could be behind this as I am stumped! 

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow everything about this story is scary.  I hope she uses her head and stays away.  Who knows, his parents could be in on it.  It's very creepy.

Respected Contributor

The good news is they have jobs, I have friends that kids are their age (some college ed) get jobs quit after 3 months, guess they want CEO jobs and they live at home. Parents cater to them. 6yrs ago DD worked call center for ins. co & hurricane Sandy came she had to work Sat/Sun time & half plus they gave them lunch. She cried everyday, we thought wow food & extra money, 6 yrs later still working for ins. co. much better job & we laugh about that time. Maybe Mary should decide what she wants, let her go and she will have an experience in life she will never forget. They both need to get away from parent's house and learn how hard it is. Mary don't move from one parent house into another parent's house, get a roommate & be on your own. 

Esteemed Contributor

This sounds very strange to say the least..... my take on this is...... MARY, JOHN & HIS MOTHER & FATHER ARE ALL NUTS!!!! .... Thank goodness Mary is on birth control otherwise she would give birth to another crazy person!! ..... also where the heck are Mary’s parents??? ... this sounds like a horror story plot!!! 🤪😜

Respected Contributor

My heart goes out to Mary.  She should move back to her town right away.  Hopefully, she has family she can stay with until she's back working and on her feet.  Get away from that family.  This is bordering on very creepy.  I hope things work out for Mary in her town. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's just sick.  Mary needs to stay put and erase John from her memory.  Don't get involved with him or his family.  John needs to grow up.  Mary to stand on her own two feet.  What soap opera is that on?

Edited to add: Sorry if this is real & in the family.  Advice:  don't get involved in that one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The guy is a big fat loser.  

It's sad that the girl thinks so little of herself.

The parents are horrible to enable their son to live this way.

Esteemed Contributor

John may be a liar but Mary may be on the verge of becoming a stalker. It’s a situation fraught with danger on many levels.

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

He's a liar - and she's pathetic.

My thoughts exactly.

Honored Contributor

I think johns parents feel bad about their sons deception and feel obligated to help Mary as she gave up her job to be with their son.I bet they don’t really like the idea of having a stranger living in their home and maybe they feel it is time for their son to take responsibility for his actions and his course in life...hence they made him move out.They are still cleaning up his messes though by offering to care for Mary.