Trusted Contributor

Re: Thought I'd Heard Everything, but nooooo.........

Mary is a fool  And why would John's parents allow a stranger to come live with them?

Beyond ridiculous............

Honored Contributor

"John gives Mary an engagement ring."

Keep the ring & sell it if necessary.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac  I would definitely sell it.  Good answer !

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

"John gives Mary an engagement ring."

Keep the ring & sell it if necessary.

That's Mary's plan.

People are still trying to understand why she might possibly live with his parents and why they want her to.....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds to me like Mary is the one who has the problem.  John is a 24 year old man/boy who is not ready to settle down yet and is still playing the field.  Why would she even think of living with his parents or even insist on coming to his home after being told several times that there is no relationship.  Obviously he was not interested in an exclusive relationship with her.  Was the ring he gave her really an engagement ring or just meant as a gift and the engagement part was in her head.  I have been given rings several tmes as gifts- certainly not meant as engagement rings, just presents.. As far as John being a narcisisist - seems that is only Mary's opinion and not a medical diagnoses by a trained physician . 

Since Mary is 23 and John is her first boyfriend, something is defintely not up to snuff with Mary.  May be that she has blown a casual internet relationship all out of proportion.  She must be a very naive woman.  She needs to go home, stay off internet dating sites and gain some perspective of what the single dating world is about before she turns her life upside down for a relative stranger.

Also what is with the parents offering to house a person who they really know little about against.  Seems she has turned them against their son.  They need to do some soul searching of their own to take the word of a young woman who is practically a stranger to them about their son.  They had no idea yada yada - probablyl because he is not a serial liar or narcisissist as suggested by Mary. 

Honored Contributor

Mary needs to get on with her life. Don't even consider staying with his parents.

Trusted Contributor

I find it odd that Mary, age 23, never had a boyfriend.

thRO9QXARH.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

wonder if it's a real diamond!!  she'll find out if she goes to sell it!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@roxxy1  Mary has had dates and casual boyfriends, but never anything like this.

She and John discussed marriage - where they would live - their children and how they would be raised - public school vs. private - the way their home would be run - and as I said, John is the only one she has had a physical relationship with.

No chance of pregnancy, as Mary got on birth control.

ETA:  her ring is not a traditional engagement ring - it is styled more like a cluster/cocktail ring - it DOES have diamonds and was expensive.

Respected Contributor

How the heck would you know all these intimate details about this situation?