Honored Contributor

I was wondering if the ladies remove them for the reception.I couldn’t imagine dancing with a hat on but for me I would have hat hair so it wouldn’t be an option.I wonder if the queen left her big hat on all evening?I am sure that would give me a headache.

Respected Contributor

The Queen probably changed outfits as many others did. I think she would wear a tiara.

Frequent Contributor

The reception immediately following was a luncheon and chitchat.  The party at night included dancing, and they changed clothes for that.

Honored Contributor

Yes but what about the hat hair.I can’t be the only one that has hair that just flattens to the head from a hat....they must have hair dressers standing by.

Respected Contributor

I loved the hats.  So many beautiful creations.  I liked the Queen's and also Kate's, but also many others. I remember when hats were popular here in the USA.  My mother was a milliner and made beautiful hats.  I can remember wearing hats to Church in my late teens.  We wore what was called "picture hats" - had a large brim.  Also liked Jackie Kennedy's pill box style.  I had one in light blue and remember wearing it with a light blue sheath dress and a duster jacket in light blue with while dots.  Also remember a navy blue sheath with my pink picture hat.  The hats brought back memories for me.  I have seen in one of the catalogs I get that there are fancy hats included.  Maybe they will make a return as fashion does.  Doesn't really seem likely tho in this casual era we live in.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember being at a Paris department store right after William and Catherine’s wedding. They were selling fascinators. All the French women (and moi, the American) were trying them on and laughing. I didn’t see anybody buying these British fashions.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I was wondering if the ladies remove them for the reception.I couldn’t imagine dancing with a hat on but for me I would have hat hair so it wouldn’t be an option.I wonder if the queen left her big hat on all evening?I am sure that would give me a headache.

I bet they are lighter weight than you think......I bet some of the women kept theirs on for the receptions as well. Maybe not the Americans, because we aren't used to wearing them, but the British probably kept theirs on..I love the look........It really dresses up an outfit to me.........