Honored Contributor

Re: This would be me!!

[ Edited ]

We keep an air tight jar next to the coffee maker. My hubby started mixing a bag of caffinated coffee with 1/3 decaff. I really can't tell the difference, but I think it's better not to have to two full cups (or more) of full caffeine. I've gotten shakey. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

We keep an air tight jar next to the coffee maker. My hubby started mixing a bag of caffinated coffee with 1/3 decaff. I really can't tell the difference, but I think it's better not to have to two full cups (or more) of full caffeine. I've gotten shakey. 

@Shanus 

Absolutely, don't over do the caffeine!  

In college I had way too much too caffeine.  A year or so later I had a lump in my breast that had developed from the caffeine.  It had to be removed or it would destroy breast tissue.  

I had a problem being sedated, and kept fainting.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   So sorry you went through that. No worries here. I've had lumpy breasts all my life and started having them removed at 16!!! Docs finally had no way to read mamograms or ultrasounds clearly and over 20 years ago made the decision to have a double mastectomy and reconstruction. Everything was benign, but 18 lumps found in both that never would have been found with tests until stage 4 cancer. Best decision I ever made. 

So, love my coffee and DH mixes 2/3 caff with 1/3 decaff in the large jar next to the coffee pot, so not getting all caffeine. If I'm out at Starbuck's, it's full caffeine in a cappuccino...that's rarely. Thanks for your concern, though. Heart

Contributor

Lol! 

Honored Contributor

I have always kept at least 4 cans of coffee in reserve, no way am I ever running out or this house would come to a standstill.  And I've always been a toilet paper hoarder for the same reason.  No panic for me when our stores ran out.

Respected Contributor

ME!!!