Respected Contributor

As some may remember I posted about sitting with my grandson daily for virtual kindergarten to help out my daughter who continues working from home. Well today I sat with him but had to leave about a hour before school was out for a doctor's appointment. The children are given a few minutes to socialize on Zoom before they settle down to learn so as I was leaving and saying goodbye to him I heard him tell the other kids in the zoom playroom " she's the best grandma in the whole world"  His mom smiled and  tears started streaming from my eyes.  It's my calling to be the best grandma I can and to be appreciated so much by a 5 yr old makes the daily trip all worth it.  I give thanks for my 2 grandchildren 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This made my day !

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

As some may remember I posted about sitting with my grandson daily for virtual kindergarten to help out my daughter who continues working from home. Well today I sat with him but had to leave about a hour before school was out for a doctor's appointment. The children are given a few minutes to socialize on Zoom before they settle down to learn so as I was leaving and saying goodbye to him I heard him tell the other kids in the zoom playroom " she's the best grandma in the whole world"  His mom smiled and  tears started streaming from my eyes.  It's my calling to be the best grandma I can and to be appreciated so much by a 5 yr old makes the daily trip all worth it.  I give thanks for my 2 grandchildren 

@Goodie2shoesyou got it made. No matter what anyone says, kids  always tell the truth.

By the did you learn anything?did you flunk out? lol

Respected Contributor

@Sage04wrote:

@Goodie2shoesyou got it made. No matter what anyone says, kids  always tell the truth.

Kindergarten is not like it use to be ! I watched him take a test on sounding out words and he got it right but I was thinking the wrong answer !!  Woman Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@Sage04wrote:

Kindergarten is not like it use to be ! I watched him take a test on sounding out words and he got it right but I was thinking the wrong answer !!  Woman Embarassed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you let him know? I would have kept my mouth shut lol

Respected Contributor

Wow!  What a beautiful story.  How wonderful!  I'm so glad you shared it here.  ❤❤❤

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

Wow!  What a beautiful story.  How wonderful!  I'm so glad you shared it here.  ❤

❤❤

I think @Goodie2shoes learned a lot in that class. She has to keep up with her grandson.

Respected Contributor

@Sage04wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you let him know? I would have kept my mouth shut lol

I kept my mouth shut ! Woman LOL

Super Contributor

Your heart must have been as full as your eyes were after

hearing his comment.

You must be a GREAT Grandma!

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  Your story touched my heart. Thank you for sharing. Your family is so lucky to have such a loving and kind  Grandmother.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

awwww what a wonderful moment😊😊

when my GD came for a surprise visit last year she also was in "virtual school"...just couldn't get the concept thru my head nor was I remembering she was sitting in DR at school.

So, I'm doing my daily routine (my bedroom was in view) and she says "shhhhh grandmom" about 5 minutes later her teacher said "Taylor can we borrow your grandmom to make our beds!"

Oh the fun moments🤣