Honored Contributor

This is why I love Amazon Prime!

A few days ago, my dear friend asked a bunch of us for help with a huge baking project.  She needs dozens upon dozens of cupcakes for her church's annual Christmas Fair which had to be moved up to the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Panic struck because I didn't know how I could bake scores of cupcakes in time to get them to her grandaughter & friends so the girls could decorate them on Friday.  Then I remembered those cupcake making machines.  I even had one on my QVC wishlist as a possible gift for my niece.  But, with the shipping situation being what it is, there's no way I would get it it in time.  Went to Amazon, they have the same machine for just $2.00 more.  Yay!   Which actually is cheaper that QVC because I don't have to pay $5.50  s&h.  But the best part was, the surprising part,  they are going to deliver it today!   What a relief.  Between my oven and that machine, I can start cranking cupcakes out Thanksgiving night after my guests leave and then do some early Friday morning so the girls can pick them up and keep at it until my friend says she has enough.   Another friend is going to do various flavors of the batter and run it over to the two of us who are baking.  She's the one who has two huge mixers and plans to borrow a third one from a relative.   

Honored Contributor

Re: This is why I love Amazon Prime!

Good for you - entertaining for Thanksgiving, then baking so many cupcakes after they leave.  I wouldn't have the energy!   I've never heard of a cupcake machine, will have to look it up.

Trusted Contributor

What is a cupcake making machine? Can't find one, really never heard of it...

Do you have an item #.  Thanks again.  Glad you received yours in time.  Very nice.

Honored Contributor

@phluphy 

Just type cupcake maker in the search bar.  I've been seeing them in catalogs and websties for a couple of years.  I always thought it might be something my older daughter would like because makes muffins a lot.  They have kids versions too, which I have seen in catalogs.   K382768 is the one I bought from Amazon.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@phluphy 

Just type cupcake maker in the search bar.  I've been seeing them in catalogs and websties for a couple of years.  I always thought it might be something my older daughter would like because makes muffins a lot.  They have kids versions too, which I have seen in catalogs.   K382768 is the one I bought from Amazon.  

Could you let us know what you think of it after you have tried it out?I think you are a really great friend to help Your extremely ambitious friend with her hefty project.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree :  What a great friend!!!   Those machines are so cute......haven't heard of them.  

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree   I had forgotten they made these gadgets.  What a great friend you are and what a wonderful project for the folks who will be doing the decorating.

When you start your labor of love on Thanksgiving night and resume the marathon early Friday morning I will be thinking and rooting for you.  Wish I lived near you;  I love kitchen endeavors for a good cause such as this!

Honored Contributor

I'm just happy she has friends who can help out.  She does this every year but since the moved the fair up a week and it's falling on Thanksgiving weekend, the women who usually do this with her will be out of town.  I'm doing doing the baking which I think is the easy part of our assembly line project.  I think mixing the batter would be more challenging.  I love holiday cooking and baking, so the timing was right for me.  And it's for such a good cause, we go to that Christmas fair every year, they do an amazing job.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree : Praying for you and friends to have the strength and energy to complete this wonderful project after the Thanksgiving preparations. Well- had to 👀👀 at the cupcake machine. I was aware of the mini cupcake one but not this. I am blessed to have a double wall oven but this item would be perfect in the summertime when you want muffins or cupcakes. Please keep us updated and especially your opinion of this item. Southern Bee