Honored Contributor

Re: This is too funny ... new "guy" on the street!!!

@Poodlepet2

I don't get that at all.  I have lived alone the last few years for the first time in my life and I love it.  I can do what I want when I want. I can be selfish.  

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@house_cat, I might be putting my neck on the chopping block-it could be financial.....but I honestly think it's for companionship. 

So many people can't bear to be alone....I get that, but it's sad what I was seeing....

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2 

I think you replied to me by mistake, but since I'm here, "Hi Poodlepet! Have a nice evening!"

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@DiAnne, iit's funny how people come across. Over time, in reading your posts, you live life out loud: you have hobbies and friends that you get a lot of fulfillment from.

....not everybody is that way.  It's no secret that here in Florida, we have a large population of retirees and among them are divorcees,widows and widowers.

For many women of a certain age, hubby did everything-especially where finances were concerned.  They were shielded from a lot.  They were from a "different" time.

The men? I have not had so much experience with ( we will be married 32 years), but DH tells me many want companionship, home cooked meals etc.... Nothing wrong with that!

I hope I would be like you: independent and enjoying life on my own-but who knows what the future holds.

Poodlepet2

PS, if you ever want to invite me to join your cooking club, let's just say I don't think I would refuse!

Respected Contributor

@house_cat: ditz brain me....I meant to respond to scatcat! 

.....so many "cats" here!

Poodlepet2

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Isn't there a saying something about snow on the roof does not mean there is no fire in the furnace. Well, something to that effect.Woman Very Happy

Yes and that's better than snow on the furnace!

Yes........Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@DiAnne, iit's funny how people come across. Over time, in reading your posts, you live life out loud: you have hobbies and friends that you get a lot of fulfillment from.

....not everybody is that way.  It's no secret that here in Florida, we have a large population of retirees and among them are divorcees,widows and widowers.

For many women of a certain age, hubby did everything-especially where finances were concerned.  They were shielded from a lot.  They were from a "different" time.

The men? I have not had so much experience with ( we will be married 32 years), but DH tells me many want companionship, home cooked meals etc.... Nothing wrong with that!

I hope I would be like you: independent and enjoying life on my own-but who knows what the future holds.

Poodlepet2

PS, if you ever want to invite me to join your cooking club, let's just say I don't think I would refuse!

@Poodlepet2

All my friends are retired (a few work part time because they want to) and are widows, married, divorced, widowers - I think the trait we all have in common are that we are curious and we don't feel we know everything there is to know.  We all volunteer at food banks, library, meals on wheels, etc.  

I agree with you about women of a "certain age" (in fact I think I might be that age) but that seems very foreign to me because my mother was not that way.  She went to work when my younger sister was in high school because she was bored.  When she retired she went to a technical college to learn how to work in a florist because she loved flowers.  We were both born and raised on the West Coast.  Don't know if that has anything to do with it.  

I agree with your husband about most of the men.  They want companionship, home cooked meals, house cleaning, etc.  Does not sound like a great deal to me! 

There are some things in life we cannot change - we can only change how we react to them.  You would be welcome to joint our "club" anytime!  

Respected Contributor

Hi @DiAnne! II said it was a good thing for the men-and some women just want the familiar of what they knew....

After my father died, my mother swore she wouldn't get into the dating scene: she didn't want to be anybody's nurse maid! She had her hobbies, friends and organizations.

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne,Oh, I GET it!!!

They want a maid!!!!!

Image result for  a woman cleaning around a man

Honored Contributor

How About THIS!!!!!

Image result for a woman cleaning around a man

Respected Contributor

ECBG,  HILARIOUS!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2