Honored Contributor

Re: This is the most bizarre review that I have read!

[ Edited ]

I think it sounds honest.  I don't see anything rude about this review.

I looked at the product. My take is that I'd never have purchased it for anyone let alone myelf. That's my own opinion.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would wear these around the house when I was cooking something really greasy, or doing laundry that involved using Clorox. They would also work for sopping up a kitchen or bathroom mess. 😝 

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife   “baggy, wrinkled, messy”.  Those words are enough review to turn me off -  all the rest is about family dynamics which plays no part in my shopping for clothes

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never ever purchase clothing/shoes as a gift, even for my own adult kids. Style and fit are much too personal. 

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

Sadly, that type of review says nothing of fit, care, ease (or not) of wear...the type of things that make a review helpful vs. unhelpful.

While is it written in a sarcastic tone.  The OP says in her review the joggers are "uncomfy, baggy, wrinkled messy PJ pants"

But nothing helpful there, because no one knows what the writer wears to bed, what constitutes "comfy" to her, how she's physically built to constitute what fits her as baggy, whether the fabric is MEANT to be "wrinkled" - distressed or unpolished (like seersucker, very desirable for some in summer pants) or what aspects of the garment she considers "messy".

To be USEFUL, a review needs to contain factual unbiased info concerning WHAT you like or don't like. If the gripe is SIZE, how Tall are you? How is your weight distributed? If you fuss about "age appropriate" how old are you? What comparable fabrics do you prefer? Not to be confused with "expressing a opinion". YES, everyone has the RIGHT to do that.

I think the writer was just wanting to ooze her own cleverness and/or adorableness and there's nothing wrong with that, but you!re correct, OP- not a "review".

Honored Contributor

I think it's rather creative, certainly not the norm.  I can just picture the ugly baggy pants from her description.  I like it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@Venezia 

A-375513 G.I.L.I. Petite Pull-On Printed Woven Smocked Joggers

@banned again - Oh my - I hope the stepdaughter at least didn't pay full price for them.

Hurt feelings or not, they'd go back.  They didn't even look good on the vendor; wrinkled within minutes of her putting them on and looked too tight anyway.  (And that was one of the worst video presentations ever.  Not surprised they're on clearance.)

It would've been helpful if the "reviewer" had actually pointed out some of the reasons for her dissatisfaction, instead of just venting.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I kinda think she's taking creative liberties to describe how atrocious the pants are and doesn't even own them. Are her other reviews like this? Hopefullly she was just pulling our leg! Kind of funny, if so. 

Frequent Contributor

@Desertdi 

I don't post very often but I do read quite regularly. I just want to thank you for the many times you have posted a picture of the item being discussed. It is very helpful and in my opinion very thoughtful of you to do so. 

I know this is a bit off topic but I have wanted to comment on this several times and have no idea why I haven't before . I guess I am feeling  a bit more ambitious today😀

Thanks again,

Reggie

Respected Contributor

Some people personalize everything.  The  backstory about how she got the pants is irrelevant, but none the less she want to tell her personal story.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York