Honored Contributor

@RinaRina It is great that you can work to supplement the things that you enjoy doing in your free time,I was wondering if you enjoy your job or if you should try working somewhere else.I think you sound healthy and energetic so don’t continue to do something that makes you miserable if you don’t have to.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@jeanlake wrote:

You received a few snarky replies here and I doubt if that's what you need. So sorry about that; just another opportunitity to learn to ignore people's opinions. And ignore perceived offenses at work.

And if you want to work at age 70 -- then good on ya. No one's business but your own.

Don't worry, be happy?

THANK YOU! 

Re: the "snarkies" - they actually look for my posts so they can be "snarky".  What a shame to be that bored .. SMH .. wasting my time and theirs.  Yes, I've learned to ignore them. I'm just too busy ...  I seek out good advice from the board and move on.  There are a lot of smart, kind people here and I've always appreciated their feedback.

Thanks again.

@RinaRina.  I don't understand. You say you seek out good advice from posters, but yet we really don't know what it is you need advice on. We always get drips and drabs of the story.

We still really don't know what your job is. From your story a few weeks ago it was about kids and a teacher calling the police. So please tell us what exactly your job is otherwise no one can give any type of advice at all. 

You say you work for a big corporation. So is it not a school with kids? I'm confused and I think most other are too.

Esteemed Contributor

You sure do have lots of problems and drama at a job you only work at 12 hrs a week.  

How much could you possibly have to discuss with your supervisor that you need to text him.  Perhaps looking for another job would be in your best interest.  One with less drama.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Re: This is messed up!

[ Edited ]

@reiki604 wrote:

Sigh..............just another coworker/supervisor/friend/neighbor who aggravates the OP story.

And they're always much younger people. I think the OP just plain doesn't like younger adults, particularly when they're in a postion of authority, so any interaction is tainted to begin with.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I will never understand why someone needs to work at age 70, that alone is problematic. Plan ahead, know and admit when it is time to move on with your life. 

There's lots of reasons. Not everyone has the pensions, savings , jobs for 25+ years, spouses (dual incomes), big ss checks,  house paid for...

It's only going to get worse for my generation and after.

Respected Contributor

@missy1

I agree.     People work for many reasons at age 70+.   Some because they have to and some because they want to.   People have to for many reasons and believe it or not, some beyond their control in life.  

I don't understand rude comments made about why people are working at any age.

I don't know enough about OP's work situation and history to comment on that but I will say that I'd keep a really really low profile as long as this relationship continues.  

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@RinaRina

If you have to work at age 70, it's a shame.

hckynut

https://www.today.com/video/today/56633988

"96-year-old yoga teacher: ‘I don’t believe in age’ "

I suppose, what you choose to do with your time is an individual decision .. based on desire or necessity. 

Things could be worse.  I'm just glad I'm not in a hospital with a bunch of tubes stuck in my nose and veins. 

@RinaRina

Myself and that 96 year old yoga teacher think a lot alike. I have said on several forums here over many years:  "chronological age is just a number, and to me nothing more.

I am just the opposite of you when it comes to spending money. I say I am "frugal", some prefer to use the word "cheap". My mom raised me that way and I have never changed. I buy mostly things I need, and seldom buy things just because I want them. Everyone is different.

I retired at age 52, and have never looked back. I have done lots of "work", but I was my own boss. During the interim years, I have spent lots of days/weeks in the hospital, and yes, with tubes stuck in my arms/legs/groin, and oxygen in my nose.

Now? Getting ready to go to my regular 2 hour ice skating session, which I do 2-3 times every week. Been awhile since I have been in the hospital with things in and on me to help keep me alive, and I make the most of every day I am given.

Everyone that lives long enough goes through tough times, some because they choose to, and others that have no control over these happenings.

"Man was born to live, not to prepare for life"!

hckynut

@hckynut

Enjoy your Skating!

I join you in the frugal club.  My Wonderful Grandmother taught me that it was fine to spend your money, but you should be sure to get good value for it.

So, I DO look twice at value.

I call it frugal, others may call it cheap, that's on them!  Smiley Happy

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Why did you put supervisor in quotes?  Was he not really a supervisor or what?  Maybe he is tired of you coming to him about everything and is passing the buck.  This is a bad, bad situation will most likely blow up.

Hey Imaoldhippie,

I was wondering if you'd show up.  ITA with your post.

If I don't keep my mouth shut, things will blow up.

They almost did on Friday. 

Posters keep saying there's "more to the story". ... Well, there's a lot more, but I can't put it all here. It's just too much. However,  I will talk about FRIDAY.

On Friday, I was with my kids (we're each assigned a grade) in a room.  We had just finished playing trivia, when all of sudden 2nd, 4th & 5th graders STAMPEDED into the room.  When I said, "guys, you can't come in here, we're using this room, 3 of the kids said, "Mary told us to come in here".

I texted my male supervisor (the BF) and asked him to tell Mary we were in the room and had she looked in the windows (the room has large two windows) beforehand, she would've known the room was occupied.

Within 10-15 minutes she stormed into the room and in front of the children said, "if you have something to say about me, you come to me and say it" ... or something like that.

I walked OUT of the room.  It was disgraceful!

The GF is a nuisance.

Re: "supervisor" - his title is not "supervisor", but that's what I call him.  He's in charge.  Or I could call him "manager".

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Girl fight. 

Trusted Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Why did you put supervisor in quotes?  Was he not really a supervisor or what?  Maybe he is tired of you coming to him about everything and is passing the buck.  This is a bad, bad situation will most likely blow up.

Hey Imaoldhippie,

I was wondering if you'd show up.  ITA with your post.

If I don't keep my mouth shut, things will blow up.

They almost did on Friday. 

Posters keep saying there's "more to the story". ... Well, there's a lot more, but I can't put it all here. It's just too much. However,  I will talk about FRIDAY.

On Friday, I was with my kids (we're each assigned a grade) in a room.  We had just finished playing trivia, when all of sudden 2nd, 4th & 5th graders STAMPEDED into the room.  When I said, "guys, you can't come in here, we're using this room, 3 of the kids said, "Mary told us to come in here".

I texted my male supervisor (the BF) and asked him to tell Mary we were in the room and had she looked in the windows (the room has large two windows) beforehand, she would've known the room was occupied.

Within 10-15 minutes she stormed into the room and in front of the children said, "if you have something to say about me, you come to me and say it" ... or something like that.

I walked OUT of the room.  It was disgraceful!

The GF is a nuisance.

Re: "supervisor" - his title is not "supervisor", but that's what I call him.  He's in charge.  Or I could call him "manager".

Oh, dear.  Sounds like Mary has been promoted to a position where she doesn't know what she's doing.  This is a real pain, but unfortunately, not uncommon.  We could have an entire thread on people "in charge" who don't have a clue!  I would try to forge a relationahip with her.  It's not always possible, but it's your best bet.