Respected Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

You received a few snarky replies here and I doubt if that's what you need. So sorry about that; just another opportunitity to learn to ignore people's opinions. And ignore perceived offenses at work.

And if you want to work at age 70 -- then good on ya. No one's business but your own.

Don't worry, be happy?

THANK YOU! 

Re: the "snarkies" - they actually look for my posts so they can be "snarky".  What a shame to be that bored .. SMH .. wasting my time and theirs.  Yes, I've learned to ignore them. I'm just too busy ...  I seek out good advice from the board and move on.  There are a lot of smart, kind people here and I've always appreciated their feedback.

Thanks again.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@RinaRina

If you have to work at age 70, it's a shame.

hckynut

https://www.today.com/video/today/56633988

"96-year-old yoga teacher: ‘I don’t believe in age’ "

I suppose, what you choose to do with your time is an individual decision .. based on desire or necessity. 

Things could be worse.  I'm just glad I'm not in a hospital with a bunch of tubes stuck in my nose and veins. 

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@jeanlake wrote:

You received a few snarky replies here and I doubt if that's what you need. So sorry about that; just another opportunitity to learn to ignore people's opinions. And ignore perceived offenses at work.

And if you want to work at age 70 -- then good on ya. No one's business but your own.

Don't worry, be happy?

THANK YOU! 

Re: the "snarkies" - they actually look for my posts so they can be "snarky".  What a shame to be that bored .. SMH .. wasting my time and theirs.  Yes, I've learned to ignore them. I'm just too busy ...  I seek out good advice from the board and move on.  There are a lot of smart, kind people here and I've always appreciated their feedback.

Thanks again.

I don't know enough about the job to comment, other than to say it is a challenge to adjust when something suddenly changes.  I won't be surprised if I'm working at 70.  I like what I do and can't imagine being retired for decades.  My 93 yo aunt says the key is to maintain your schedule.  She has her weekly sewing group, etc., but takes Wednesday and Saturday "off".  That's when she catches up with family and friends.    

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@RinaRina

If you have to work at age 70, it's a shame.

hckynut

https://www.today.com/video/today/56633988

"96-year-old yoga teacher: ‘I don’t believe in age’ "

I suppose, what you choose to do with your time is an individual decision .. based on desire or necessity. 

Things could be worse.  I'm just glad I'm not in a hospital with a bunch of tubes stuck in my nose and veins. 

@RinaRina

Myself and that 96 year old yoga teacher think a lot alike. I have said on several forums here over many years:  "chronological age is just a number, and to me nothing more.

I am just the opposite of you when it comes to spending money. I say I am "frugal", some prefer to use the word "cheap". My mom raised me that way and I have never changed. I buy mostly things I need, and seldom buy things just because I want them. Everyone is different.

I retired at age 52, and have never looked back. I have done lots of "work", but I was my own boss. During the interim years, I have spent lots of days/weeks in the hospital, and yes, with tubes stuck in my arms/legs/groin, and oxygen in my nose.

Now? Getting ready to go to my regular 2 hour ice skating session, which I do 2-3 times every week. Been awhile since I have been in the hospital with things in and on me to help keep me alive, and I make the most of every day I am given.

Everyone that lives long enough goes through tough times, some because they choose to, and others that have no control over these happenings.

"Man was born to live, not to prepare for life"!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Why did you put supervisor in quotes?  Was he not really a supervisor or what?  Maybe he is tired of you coming to him about everything and is passing the buck.  This is a bad, bad situation will most likely blow up.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Back off. Way off. You are too involved. Do your job. Ask fewer questions, which is what your boss is trying to say, and stop making your workplace so personal. Be professional, in other words. I’m not saying they are right. I don’t know. But your comments are inappropriate and laced with anger and negativity. 

Respected Contributor

Sigh..............just another coworker/supervisor/friend/neighbor who aggravates the OP story.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

It sounds to me like you've been going to your supervisor to often for too many things and he's had it with you.  He's saying that if you have questions, ask a co-worker.  So, go ask Mary.  His relationship with Mary is none of your concern.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

The whole story seems so messed up, I suspect there is more to the story. I worked for 40+ years and rarely asked for Supervisory help, most of the time I knew more than they did.

I wonder what is really going on here.

There's a lot more going on than she's saying.  She's 70 and she constantly has something going on with someone at that job.  Like it or not, there comes a time when it is time to retire.  Just because we want to work or need to work doesn't mean that we can do the work.  She's working with kids, it's not a new job; she shouldn't be peppering her supervisor with questions all day.

Honored Contributor

I will never understand why someone needs to work at age 70, that alone is problematic. Plan ahead, know and admit when it is time to move on with your life.