Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

her.

You could get a job as an Art Aid anywhere.  Since you are not a Teacher (contracted and unionized) your salary can't be an issue.

Clearly they do not want to work with you, and you do not want to work with them.

MOVE ON.  Save yourself the stress.

The situations you are allowing in front of the children is just WRONG!

Be the better person!  Take your talents and gifts elsewhere.  How wonderful you want to share with the children.

It is very easy to find a 12-15 hour job.

I applaud you for wanting to work and be productive.  I hope to do the same!

** THANK YOU! **

I will. 

I want to be the better person. Heart

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: This is messed up!

[ Edited ]

The OP's age here has nothing to do with her post.

I saw a post were someone said plan ahead.  Well I did and I had a great retirement.  Then the stock market crash after 9/11 and I lost everything.  I lost over 600 hundred thou.  I was devastated and cried to weeks.  There was no time left for me to start over.  

At the time I was single and planned on staying that way so my retirements plans went up in smoke.  Had to live off my SS.  

I was blessed to find my old high school boyfriend and we rekindled our relationship and got married 54 years later after high school.

This is the extremely short version.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

The OP's age here has nothing to do with her post.

I saw a post were someone said plan ahead.  Well I did and I had a great retirement.  Then the stock market crash after 9/11 and I lost everything.  I lost over 600 hundred thou.  I was devastated and cried to weeks.  There was no time left for me to start over.  

At the time I was single and planned on staying that way so my retirements plans went up in smoke.  Had to live off my SS.  

I was blessed to find my old high school boyfriend and we rekindled out relationship and got married 54 years later.

This is the extremely short version.

Ahha!  Imanoldhippie!

Our lives are so similar.  That must be why I feel connected to you.  Woman Happy

I've lived thru 3 bear markets and have lost MORE than what you posted .. sadly, a lot more.

I stopped working in my late 30's;  then after the 2000 bear market, I got another degree, started a new career and retired again in 2015.  But like you, I never made ALL my money back. 

Some people here don't understand, things happen ... You just do the best you can.

Congrats on your marriage!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina...........thanks, we have been married for 2  1/2 yrs now.  To this day if I think about my loss and all the years of working it took to get that amount I could cry all over again.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@RinaRina...........thanks, we have been married for 2  1/2 yrs now.  To this day if I think about my loss and all the years of working it took to get that amount I could cry all over again.

Same here! 

I frequently think about how my life was pre-2000, compared to now.

I've lived the last 18 years backwards!  (I'm supposed to have more money, not less, right?)

eyeroll .. SMH ...

Honored Contributor

Re: This is messed up!

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie

I worked for Western Electric, which became AT&T, which became Lucent, which became Avia. I retired when it was still AT&T, in 1991. They offered lots of stock options that I declined, some they gave every employee automatically. When I retired I cashed them all in because the stock market, to me, is a "gamble".

I was raised with this saying: "a bird in the hand is worth more to me than 2 in the b***"!  I also lived my life by the following saying: "Man was born to live, not to prepare for life", and that is exactly how I have lived most of my close to 80 years.

My co-workers that still worked for Lucent, put 6 figures into Lucent Stock. The bottom fell out, much like yours, and they too lost most of those 6 figure numbers. It greatly effected their lives also, and most were men with families. Sorry for them? No, but empathic. They made their choice, I made mine. Again, choices made.

Moral of the story, for me, if you take a risk with money in order to make more? It doesn't always work that way. My "1 bird in the hand" way of living? We are doing just fine.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Okay then, work at age 70, but don't constantly be complaining about it and how miserable you are. I prefer to enjoy these golden years. 

Honored Contributor

I get the feeling that the OP wants everyone to agree with her and since some do not she has gotten annoyed and chastised the posters for not thinking the way she does.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner

I really liked your comment and so I’m re-posting it here:

1.  Is the turmoil exciting to you?  Are you a willing participant in the bickering and the back and forth? 

2.  Do you have an interest in who "wins?"  Do you have a favorite?

3.  If you do not need the income why on earth would you be a party to this?

4.  If you need the income, why wouldn't you be quiet, do the job as best you can, put your head down and try to keep the job.

5.  Taking sides like this will almost always result in you losing your job, no matter whose side you take.  In situations like this, people get fired and it's always the people from the bottom up--no matter what side you are on.  You will be seen as the problem.

Our DD was in a terrible situation (as I’m sure we all have been at some time or another.) As for me, I wish I had had this information. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina

It sounds to me like the woman is TRYING to bully you. When I ask why I know the answer: it doesn’t matter why. (She either has it in for you or she may just be that way.) 

Who cares? You cannot change this situation and you have it figured out already anyway.

Bullying in the workplace appears to be so commonplace now.

If the pay or the toll the bullying takes on a person isn’t worth the sacrifice you are making; if you can afford to do so... LEAVE [which is what you are doing, no?]

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~