Honored Contributor

@hckynut Sometimes one needs to initially take a large dose with the help from their doctor.  

As for me, I'm taking half of what you are and mentioned it to my PCP.  He's fine with it and my levels are good according to my blood tests.  However I would like it to be a little better and will try to get outdoors more if it ever stops raining!

I wish more doctors advised their patients on building their immune systems with Vitamin D.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Hi @Drythe 

In one of my posts, not sure it is in this thread, I wrote about my non-smoking multi-year battle with big business and local government. What you stated about "your land and home", I did that with smoking back in the late '60's. Thus we agree on that.

As far as sharing air space? That is a much more complex issue, thus opinions are more likely to vary from person to person. With tobacco smoke, it is visible to anyone with sight, and with that one's air space is factually known to both,  or more, involved.

I have seen and heard so many different opinions by "expert" that it should be 6'/10'/12'/30', that I discount all of it as "guessing ". Even seen, so called, molecular studies backing up different guesses.

As I mentioned in, yes some other post. If a person(s) are wearing a mask are they protected? If so, why are they concerned about those that choose not to wear one?  I've gotten replies but none of them answers my question directly. One even when back to "you only care about yourself".

My car/my home/my property, my rules. Outdoor air belongs to everyone, there to me is no quantifiable "my space/ your space". If so, I have yet to see it spelled out in exact and specific terms.

The latest studies I have seen and heard and which I agree! The primary way this and any other virus is spread is through direct human contact, and I have no plans to touch anyone but my wife.

I have been saying the same things I am saying now, long before this Wuhan Virus was around. Life itself is a risk and some are willing to take more of them than others.

But for anyone that decides to say and believe they know my thoughts? As Judge Judy likes to say: "You cannot know the operation of another's mind or brain". "You are killing others/you only care about yourself/you are a ×*=**%"?  Do I really care, no I do not.

Take good care and till next time, I am

hckynut(john) 🏒

@hckynut I can answer your question about wearing a mask. When you wear one you protect me, and when I wear one I protect you. It's simple, and necessary during this pandemic.

@SeaMaiden We agree on the wearing a mask. All workmen/women should be wearing a mask. When they start the job, and are 6 feet, or more away from others, then they can remove the mask. 

Esteemed Contributor

We had two people in our house today delivering furniture. No they weren’t wearing a mask aand wouldn’t ask them to.

Esteemed Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

Hi @Drythe 

In one of my posts, not sure it is in this thread, I wrote about my non-smoking multi-year battle with big business and local government. What you stated about "your land and home", I did that with smoking back in the late '60's. Thus we agree on that.

As far as sharing air space? That is a much more complex issue, thus opinions are more likely to vary from person to person. With tobacco smoke, it is visible to anyone with sight, and with that one's air space is factually known to both,  or more, involved.

I have seen and heard so many different opinions by "expert" that it should be 6'/10'/12'/30', that I discount all of it as "guessing ". Even seen, so called, molecular studies backing up different guesses.

As I mentioned in, yes some other post. If a person(s) are wearing a mask are they protected? If so, why are they concerned about those that choose not to wear one?  I've gotten replies but none of them answers my question directly. One even when back to "you only care about yourself".

My car/my home/my property, my rules. Outdoor air belongs to everyone, there to me is no quantifiable "my space/ your space". If so, I have yet to see it spelled out in exact and specific terms.

The latest studies I have seen and heard and which I agree! The primary way this and any other virus is spread is through direct human contact, and I have no plans to touch anyone but my wife.

I have been saying the same things I am saying now, long before this Wuhan Virus was around. Life itself is a risk and some are willing to take more of them than others.

But for anyone that decides to say and believe they know my thoughts? As Judge Judy likes to say: "You cannot know the operation of another's mind or brain". "You are killing others/you only care about yourself/you are a ×*=**%"?  Do I really care, no I do not.

Take good care and till next time, I am

hckynut(john) 🏒

@hckynut I can answer your question about wearing a mask. When you wear one you protect me, and when I wear one I protect you. It's simple, and necessary during this pandemic.

@SeaMaiden We agree on the wearing a mask. All workmen/women should be wearing a mask. When they start the job, and are 6 feet, or more away from others, then they can remove the mask. 

If your wearing a mask why would you care if someone’s else does. If someone feels better wearing a mask then wear one. If someone doesn’t then that’s ok too. Neither side  should be mask shamed. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Barbara in Virginia wrote:

No one sets foot in my house without a mask! My  husband just returned home after spending just shy of two months in ether the hospital or rehab facility. I am also high risk because of both my age and an auto-immune disease. 

I have a sanitation station set up in my foyer containing masks, gloves, and hand sanitizers.  Complying is not negotiable!  No exceptions! Deliveries are all porch deliveries.  I also have very high-quality air cleaners in every room.  All non-porous surfaces are wiped down at least once daily.

This is a deadly and highly communicable virus, and I am taking no chances.  I do not expect anyone working outside the house to observe these safeguards.  But the minute they step inside the house is a different matter.

I'm with you 100%.  I would make it clear in advance that anyone who enters my home has to wear a mask.  Period.  If they're not willing to comply, then they shouldn't bother coming.  There's no way I would leave it to chance, and possibly be faced with an argument or uncertainty.  And there's no way I would allow it to be anyone else's decision. No mask, no entry into my home.  It's as simple as that.

If they're only working outside, that's different.  But I can't imagine letting someone into my home who is not wearing a mask.  It doesn't matter to me if their company policy allows it.  My policy does not!

Honored Contributor

Re: This is a concern to me

[ Edited ]

None of these repairmen are working inside the home. One is in the garage and the others are outdoors. I think perhaps I'd leave them alone to do the work for which I'm paying them. By doing so, whether or not they wear a mask isn't quite as relevant. If for any reason there's a time they need to interface closely with me then yes, they need to be wearing a mask... It'll be so nice if and when folks no longer feel so compelled to so routinely post about things of this nature...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  When you call for any service tell them on the phone that the people that come out need to wear a mask.  Too bad you did not think of that after the 1st episode.  Talk about irresponsible of these men showing up with no masks.  People need to take this seriously.  Your governor is trying to save your life.  My governor has been on TV everyday (7 days) with updates, etc.  I feel I am in good hands with the restrictions he has placed on businesses.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@manny2 

You did not directly answer my question. My question is "if you wear a mask along with all others that choose to do so, how are you going to get "invisible droplets" from my choice not to wear a mask, especially if you are social distancing from me"?

You choose to wear a mask I do not. Where I live we still have choice.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@ccassaday I would not use the term "mask shaming" to expect a stranger entering your home to wear one.

And to clarify to you....if you wear a mask, you are helping protect OTHERS from anything you are expelling from your mouth and nose.  If THEY wear a mask, they are helping protect YOU from their germs.

Honored Contributor

Re: This is a concern to me

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

You are correct in your thinking ....BUT I think you are assuming too much.  Workmen are "working" and mask get in the way - they get hot - interfere with eyesight  (glasses) - and these men are probably not as afraid of the virus as you are.

Perhaps you should delay your repairs until after all this blows over.  Like next year.

@fthunt   @SeaMaiden   Unless an emergency like repairs from a flood (couldn't think of others offhand), NO repairmen, service people, cable repair, etc. come in my house w/o mask or gloves and then only if absolutely necessary. Painters for entire interior were scheduled for March and put on hold until further notice. I didn't stay home, wash hands, sanitize, mask when out to get sick now from an inconsiderate repair person. ***Masks are hot and uncomfortable for most people. Deal with it and stay safe/keep me healthy.