Super Contributor

Thinking of having my front teeth capped.

I have had a space between my 2 front teeth all my life.  It has always bothered me. Now in the past year the space has gotten wider!  I hate it.  When I was a young teenager I wore braces, and a retainer, but they spread apart again.  This was done by a dentist, not an orthodontist.  But 55 years ago, I don't think orthodontics was very prevalent. 

So I am seriously  considering having them capped to fill that space.   But I am 69. Do you t hink I am foolish?  My daughter thinks I'm nuts to spend the money at this point in my life.  Are you happy to have had yours capped?  Any regrets?

Valued Contributor

Re: Thinking of having my front teeth capped.

You go, girl! And do NOT listen to your daughter! If anything bothers you, whether it's teeth, wrinkles, body, etc. and you can do something about it, I say go for it. Age simply doesn't matter. I am considering Sculptura in my cheeks and I am Way older than you.

Best of luck.

Honored Contributor

If you have the money and it really bothers you, go for it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@pegomyheart  It's quite an expense, but in my opinion it is SO worth it!  It sounds like it's something that will truly make you happy. 

I did it nearly 30 years ago -- four, not just two, and I am still thrilled I did!  It's a personal decision -- weigh all things you need to consider, and then you decide for you.

Honored Contributor

What if you don't like the way they look after it's done? 

Then you're stuck with them if they ground your own teeth down.

Trusted Contributor

@pegomyheart

Not foolish at all 🙂 Whatever makes you happy. Having said that, I do not have a space so can't comment on yours, but I love a space, I've always thought they were cute!!! Madonna and Lauren Hutton have them, but they have temporary spacers I believe to cover it up occasionally. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

My DH has six teeth capped in the front on top.  His natural teeth were very, very small and it botherd him.  He got it done years ago and is very happy with the results.  He looks so much better and smiles more.

i think if you want to do it, then go ahead. You’re never too old.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think you should go for it. I had some cosmetic dental work done several years ago and I never regretted. Good luck!

I wanted to add one thing. I have know several and I do mean several people who have had cosmetic work done whether it was teeth, face or body.  The only one who wasn't happy was an aquantance who got breast implants. She has this "redone" 3 times now, and I really think it may just be her.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

What if you don't like the way they look after it's done? 

Then you're stuck with them if they ground your own teeth down.

Also what if you don't like the way they feel in your mouth after you have them done.   The third time was the charm for a cap I have on one of my front teeth and I can't recommend it because I think today people will tell you they can do something  and they have never done it before.  I bet people don't even notice it the way you do.

Valued Contributor

Of course you should do it!