Honored Contributor

Re: Thinking about a new car...

Thanks @Deb665 for the review of the KONA...that is the car I really want as my DH as a larger car for traveling, etc.

It's just the hour drive  to the dealership for any issues I may have with the car.

Honored Contributor

We live in Michigan. Have a long, (1/4 mile) hilly driveway. We ALWAYS buy a Suburu.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Valued Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@debfau wrote:

If thinking of a smaller SUV you might want to look at the Subaru Crosstrek; now I also recommend Toyota RAV4, I have now owned mine for slightly over 2 years and have close to 30K miles but I do normally but 250+ in a week (when going to office everyday).

Don't normally like to bad mouth brands - but I had a Hyundai Santa Fe for several years but when it hit 200K had to put in a new transmission (at the time this was cheaper than buying a new car); had a friend that had a Tucson that had the transmission go out on her as well - she is now driving a Honda CRV.

How many years ago was this?  Hyundai used to be considered a cheaper car but in the last several years the quality has really gone up quite a bit.  

My Hyundai was several years old but still running otherwise - my friend with the Tucson had it happen in early 2019 and hers was 2-3 years old when transmission went (now she did do a lot of driving in Northern VA area as she was a sales rep for office supply company).

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

When everything is settled down with me and I go back home, I am thinking getting the Fiat 500.

Unknown.jpeg

@Dinaki 

Nice little cars. Parked right next to one not long before the lockup started. Our car is a 2-door Toyota Yaris, and their sizes are pretty similar. I assume, like our Yaris, they are a 35mpg car.

Chrysler/Fiat, pretty good combo, I think anyways.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Love my Toyota Avalon.  LM

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

All but 1 of my primary cars were Ford Motor vehicles, including all 4 of my Race Cars. The 1 car that wasn't, was a GM Oldsmobile, and it was in the shop more the first year, than I actually drove it.

I knew the sales manager at the dealership so I always had a good loaner. I am not exaggerating about the first year I owned it. Had it when I retired and didn't want to buy another new vehicle. My wife however wanted an SUV so I sold my Olds myself.

Now own a Ford Motors SUV and our Toyota Yaris. As for a GM? Count me out!  1 was enough for me.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut DH is the top computer guy here and used to have the Ford dealership as a client.  He said their service was always packed. 

Enjoy what you love. 

We drive 4 Runners.  You can't get in here without a heavy 4 wheel drive.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a 2016 Honda Civlc. I used Consumer Reports to research the car, Kelly Bluebook for pricing in my area, and CNET for photos. Today, you may find many YouTube videos.
Honored Contributor

Having the dealer service close to home is key for me.  One of the reasons I don't get a Honda is because the nearest dealership is 20 miles away, so they would not offer courtesy van service and a taxi would be expensive.  So I stick with Toyota for now.

This is a good time to buy as they are clearing out old models.  I bought my 2017 Camry in August as the 2018s were rolling off the trucks.  Mine was a dealer loaner with 700 miles on it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35   20 miles would be ok for me but an hour is just to far to travel to the dealership.