Honored Contributor

Re: Things women say to each other they don't realize are insults

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Some folks are just RUDE, period.    I've had friends, acquaintances, neighbors, and co-workers, say, "How much are you WORTH?".    I get the feeling people "size you up", by money.........     

@Desertdi well that's just none of their business! I don't think they're sizing you up, they're just plain RUDE.

@Desertdi  - I've never heard anyone asking someone else "How much are you worth".  I can't imagine how that would even come up in a conversation.  You say that you've had all these people ask you this.  I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Some folks are just RUDE, period.    I've had friends, acquaintances, neighbors, and co-workers, say, "How much are you WORTH?".    I get the feeling people "size you up", by money.........     

@Desertdi well that's just none of their business! I don't think they're sizing you up, they're just plain RUDE.

@Desertdi  - I've never heard anyone asking someone else "How much are you worth".  I can't imagine how that would even come up in a conversation.  You say that you've had all these people ask you this.  I don't get it.

@San Antonio Gal   You are very lucky.    It's a difficult position to be in when someone tries to "put you on the spot."     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Just hang around with the guys. They could care not care less about stuff like this. 

Respected Contributor

I think some people look for reasons to be insulted and find it even when no insult is intended. Just like some argue simply for the sake of arguing.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Next time just say, "I really am tired, wanna take me to lunch?"